The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All the chat is Murray starts, Ringrose, Conway and Sexton being replaced too. Team should be out today.
Murray will almost certainly start. I hope he looks at this as his opportunity to continue the template that brought the win against NZ. Fast ruck ball, keep the ball alive, vary the receivers and make the less obvious passes. Take it on if the chance is there. Farrell had the bravery to set a style of play, against the kiwis, that is winning, attractive rugby. The lads who started last week showed that they can do it, it's time for players like him to do the same. Otherwise, there's no place for them in a starting 15, and arguably, not even in the squad.

Murray will almost certainly start. I hope he looks at this as his opportunity to continue the template that brought the win against NZ. Fast ruck ball, keep the ball alive, vary the receivers and make the less obvious passes. Take it on if the chance is there. Farrell had the bravery to set a style of play, against the kiwis, that is winning, attractive rugby. The lads who started last week showed that they can do it, it's time for players like him to do the same. Otherwise, there's no place for them in a starting 15, and arguably, not even in the squad.
Box kick Murray will slow the game down and do as he always does by default which is box kick the bloody thing.

Casey is showing him up in Munster and in all honesty I think a lot of Munster games have been lost due to Murray over the years.

Carbery and Murray in at half backs. Henshaw in for Aki. Unchanged pack. Casey and Byrne on the bench.

How you wouldn't look at some of the other back row options is beyond me, not to mind flogging the front row again.

Ireland: Hugo Keenan; Robert Baloucoune, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Andrew Porter, Ronan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong; Iain Henderson, James Ryan (capt), Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

Replacements: Dan Sheehan, Cian Healy, Tom O’Toole, Tadhg Beirne, Peter O’Mahony, Craig Casey, Harry Byrne, Keith Earls.

just cant understand the need for Healy, O Mahoney and Earls on the bench!!

Kilcoyne the obvious choice for impact

Surely Coombes or Baird on the bench and either larmour or Zebo or even Frawley

why not give keenan a week off..we know he is the nailed on Full Back now..try Conway or Zebo there..you know in case keenan gets injured in a pool game in France...this is the attitude that gets us to the QF of another world cup with a number of players past their sell by date again (Healy, POM,Murray,Sexton,Earls) and some guys in the squad who have never started a six nations game or game against the southern hemisphere sides...we never fecking learn!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Seed Talks: Psychology Of Narcissism

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼