Rory Gallagher- Cork Legend

Rory would have been 70 yesterday if he hadn't died. Such a shame he died so young.

Watching some of the Opera House videos on youtube this afternoon, and the fantastic recording of Million Miles Away where he is walking around Cork. He was as good as any.

It's such a crying shame that Cork doesn't do more to embrace an absolute Cork legend. A proper statue like the one in Ballyshannon would be a real tribute.

One of the best gigs I was ever at was the Top Priority tour in the City Hall in Cork. It was a seated gig but that only last for a few seconds! Was lucky enough to get back stage at the end of the gig. Awe struck 15 year old getting my poster signed by the band. Rory was so nice - humble, quietly spoken no shit about him whatsoever. A memory I'll cherish.

great post!!!

Watching some of the Opera House videos on youtube this afternoon, and the fantastic recording of Million Miles Away where he is walking around Cork. He was as good as any.

It's such a crying shame that Cork doesn't do more to embrace an absolute Cork legend. A proper statue like the one in Ballyshannon would be a real tribute.

or a mount rushmore style carving onto gougane barra maybe

Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival 2018

Celebrate the world's greatest guitarist in his hometown of Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal from the 1st-3rd June.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ride
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

4th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼