Cyclists

So weaving around the "massive pool" of water did not cause you to cross one of those narrow lanes? That's doubtful if the pool of water was indeed, "massive".

It's hilarious just how worked up you are about the fact I called out that you weaved between lanes, despite the other misdemeanours clearly proving that you are archetypal of the worst road users about.

Good grief
facepalm_smiley201.jpg

I DID NOT CHANGE LANE, I moved from the inside left to the outside right, I never crossed the line

Have you ever wondered what the camber on a road is for? Every decent road in the entire country has this and thats why puddles happen on the inside of lanes and not across the whole thing, especially in cities

I'm not sure why you wanted to be on the road in the first place, when there is perfectly good cycle lanes available. Never understood why cyclists would favour the road over their own cycle lane, other than to grate other road users.

Are you aware of the actual cycle lane set up there - unless you are your point is irrelevant.

And just to be clear, there is no rule to say a cyclist must cycle in the cycle lane

Ok so we have established it was a small puddle you were frightened of and thats why you were all over the road.

As for the cycle lanes on Custom House Quay:

(1)yes I am very familiar.

(2) I never suggested it was against the rules of the road to use the road when there is a cycle lane when also available, although its not something I agree with as I have already mentioned.

(3) please enlighten us as to why choosing to use the road, breaking red lights and antagonizing other road users was the better alternative than using the cycle path clearly shown in the google map link below...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3481...!1e1!3m2!1srmJ4yfKK1azo2n6VB7_aMA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Ok so we have established it was a small puddle you were frightened of and thats why you were all over the road.

As for the cycle lanes on Custom House Quay:

(1)yes I am very familiar.

(2) I never suggested it was against the rules of the road to use the road when there is a cycle lane when also available, although its not something I agree with as I have already mentioned.

(3) please enlighten us as to why choosing to use the road, breaking red lights and antagonizing other road users was the better alternative than using the cycle path clearly shown in the google map link below...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3481...!1e1!3m2!1srmJ4yfKK1azo2n6VB7_aMA!2e0!6m1!1e1

You are clearly one of the militant cyclists we all could do without on our roads.

So despite breaking the rules of the road and antagonizing the other road user, you have no issue with weaving in and out of lanes without signalling and worse, refusing to use the bike lane available?

Yet the simpletons here then praise you like a hero for knowingly breaking the law?
And you wonder why so many of us despise cyclists?

2cpbbfd.jpg

Do you expect us to probe there to check the signal or do you want us to cut the track at the connector and re-route it here?

Looks like you've made a dog's dinner of the design in any case, that I'm sure there's a painful story behind the bodge wire. Looks like it's possibly a mic connection. Not sure if that's an antenna connector or a jack in the top left, but considering the fact that all the ICs are on the far side of the board, and your z-stack would have to take account of the battery, I'm going to go for it being the audio connector.
In any case, having your display connector that close to the edge is going to be a right pain in the hole from an ESD point of view. Might want to consider an exposed guard rail round it.

Fair enough, rare enough along cycle lanes of the quays and canals of Dublin.

I'm surprised if that's true.

I've never in my life in Ireland or UK have been able to cycle uninterrupted in bike lanes.
Parked cars, busses, flooded drains all regular opponents.

Either way, saci established he can't read properly. It was clear mangey didn't leave his lane.

And massive can be both wide and long. Far more likely to move to outer side of the lane if it's a long pool of water - don't know if there are stones or rubbish in the pool.

And just to be clear, there is no rule to say a cyclist must cycle in the cycle lane

And that just about sums it all up. These cycle n@zis insist on being treated with respect on the road despite in many cases blythly ignoring the rules of the road. And their campaigning against the big bad motorists has seen many roadways dramatically restricted in order to provide cycle lanes. And even then they don't feel obliged to even use or stay in the cycle lane.

The quicker these under-used cycle lanes and their concrete lips are torn up the better afaic. Let everybody use the road and give everybody the respect they deserve as long as they adhere to the rules.

And that just about sums it all up. These cycle n@zis insist on being treated with respect on the road despite in many cases blythly ignoring the rules of the road. And their campaigning against the big bad motorists has seen many roadways dramatically restricted in order to provide cycle lanes. And even then they don't feel obliged to even use or stay in the cycle lane.

The quicker these under-used cycle lanes and their concrete lips are torn up the better afaic. Let everybody use the road and give everybody the respect they deserve as long as they adhere to the rules.
Well said that man. The quicker they start contributing to road tax too, the better.

Imagine if we had the nerve as motorists to complain about the roads being used by others! Maybe we should start driving on the footpaths as long as they are "uninterrupted" :lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼