Cyclists

I stated a fact for the sake of clarity, seeing as you are banging on about the rules of the road that you clearly don't understand

The cycle lanes here are sections of lanes that have been reclaimed in general, theres one next to my office where the bit left for the cars isn't wide enough for any car to fit in, so they drive in the cycle lane understandably

You bragged about giving the finger to a motorist and then making your escape through a red light. You claim to know the rules of the road while you brag about breaking them.

And your utter baloney about the cycle lanes being "reclaimed in general" is risible. South Main Street is now only single lane because of a cycle lane yet cyclists still use the footpaths there. Washington Street/Lancaster Quay/Western Road is again down to a single lane thanks to that underused expensive cycle-lane on the right.
Sullivans Quay is single lane when formerly two lane thanks to the cycle lane.

These were all busy streets before the cycle n@zis got their way. Now they've become choked with traffic.

And of course clowns like you go on about then not being obliged to use those cycle lanes in the first place and would rather take delight in ignoring the cycle lanes and further slowing the restricted traffic and then coming on a message board to brag about it.

You bragged about giving the finger to a motorist and then making your escape through a red light. You claim to know the rules of the road while you brag about breaking them.

And your utter baloney about the cycle lanes being "reclaimed in general" is risible. South Main Street is now only single lane because of a cycle lane yet cyclists still use the footpaths there. Washington Street/Lancaster Quay/Western Road is again down to a single lane thanks to that underused expensive cycle-lane on the right.

These were all busy streets before the cycle n@zis got their way. Now they've become choked with traffic.

And of course clowns like you go on about then not being obliged to use those cycle lanes in the first place and would rather take delight in ignoring the cycle lanes and further slowing the restricted traffic and then coming on a message board to brag about it.

heh

your anger is palpable

dont knock anyone down on your way home now :D

BTW - if you cannot understand why public transport, pedestrians and cyclists should be considered first in any city then you need to get cracking on the INTERNET, it makes sense you know

It is a very simple and clear question - read what I posted and try again

Its very simple and clear question alright. Except it completely depends which location you are coming from which you never disclosed so how could I possibly answer that?
Where is the closest point to that junction that you can join the cycle lane and cycle up to the junction and take the left without crossing a footpath which is illegal?

Here's a brainwave: How bout when you reach the end of the cycle lane like thousands of others and dismount, walk the ten meter gap between lanes, remount and continue your journey instead of antagonizing other road users and breaking the law?Is it really that difficult?

I think we have established that my knowledge is not the issue here

One of the issues but not the main issue. The main issue is that you abuse the rules of the road yet pontificate as if you wrote the rule book.

That and you seem to have anger issues. And possibly a drink problem.

They may or may not be related. :wink:

Its very simple and clear question alright. Except it completely depends which location you are coming from which you never disclosed so how could I possibly answer that?

There is only one possible direction I could have been going from my posts FFS. It was clear enough to you earlier that you could tell me how I should have used the cycle lane, how come you are confused all of a sudden?

Here's a brainwave: How bout when you reach the end of the cycle lane like thousands of others and dismount, walk the ten meter gap between lanes, remount and continue your journey instead of antagonizing other road users and breaking the law?Is it really that difficult?

And why would I do that? I have better things to be doing with my time. When there is a properly functioning cycle lane I will use it no bother, the cycle lane along that quay is absolutely treacherous as it keeps dumping you on and off the road whenever you encounter the next footbridge/narrow path etc and every time you have to merge with traffic coming from behind. Even if you were to cycle on every available inch of cycle path along that quay you would end up on the road with the traffic for a significant portion of it.

But of course you knew this

One of the issues but not the main issue. The main issue is that you abuse the rules of the road yet pontificate as if you wrote the rule book.

That and you seem to have anger issues. And possibly a drink problem.

They may or may not be related. :wink:

Going for the personal angle now - this wont deflect that you have no idea what you are talking about, you're just looking sillier every post

And why would I do that? I have better things to be doing with my time

Thanks for playing. You have been utterly shown up again and again.

You really cannot take the moral high ground when you've been gloating about some of the worse behaviour you can expect from a road user.
Your position is completely inexcusable despite what your cheerleaders on here say, and whats more, the law would agree with moi.

I just hope you don't come up against someone on the road with less grace than you posses. You might not be on here so quick to gloat.

Thanks for playing. You have been utterly shown up again and again.

You really cannot take the moral high ground when you've been gloating about some of the worse behaviour you can expect from a road user.
Your position is completely inexcusable despite what your cheerleaders on here say, and whats more, the law would agree with moi.

I just hope you don't come up against someone on the road with less grace than you posses. You might not be on here so quick to gloat.

fancy commenting on the other 90% of the post?

:cool:
Nice one son!

:D
Sensible solution of the year? What's your verdict ladies and gentlemen, lads & lassies?

And why would I do that? I have better things to be doing with my time. When there is a properly functioning cycle lane I will use it no bother, the cycle lane along that quay is absolutely treacherous as it keeps dumping you on and off the road whenever you encounter the next footbridge/narrow path etc and every time you have to merge with traffic coming from behind. Even if you were to cycle on every available inch of cycle path along that quay you would end up on the road with the traffic for a significant portion of it.

But of course you knew this

:cool:
To answer your first question: courtesy to other road users.
However, you don't sound like the type who could absorb the concept.
A remix of an old Irish saying seems appropriate at this juncture I think.
"May all your roads be hilly and all your tyres be flat".

One thing that drives me mad is the change made to the straight road.

They went to the effort of making the road narrower to make a nice big cycle path along with the footpath ( before if breaks into a dedicated cyvle lane next to the footpath ) . Yet some cyclists refuse to use the cycle lane, which is about 5 feet wide, presumably because they don't want people or other cyclists getting in their way, so they cycle on the already reduced road which holds traffic up. What was the point if they won't even use it.

They also cycle down the macroom/coachford road which is pretty dangerous at the best of times, let alone when you come around a corner to see cyclists 2-3 abrest having a good old chat.

I really don't mind cyclists using the road and I am always cautious and courterous with them, but there are some who are pretty ignorant about it.

They seem to see some roads as their playground rather than a transport network and take leisurely bike rides down roads that really are not well suited for it. Never understood if they want to go for a bike ride, why don't they go somewhere suited for such?

Imagine having to live with someones death on your conscience because you have no way of seeing him coming around a corner. Gutting.

Oh and overtaking on the inside drives me nuts too. The thing is, you never see a cyclist line up properly behind a car when with the rest of the traffic, they will 99% of the time be weaving in and out in no ordered manner other than whatever gets them wherever they are going to faster. If we all drove like that there would be chaos.

Imo, if you are on a road, no matter what your vehicle, follow the convention of driving on the road. This applies to motor cyclists too. They can be pure dangerous.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼