Cyclists

They are grand provided they cycle single file (this two abreast thing and having a chat makes me see red).

Our accountant is safe enough on the flat but god forbid that he should come against any sort of incline.he then becomes a wobbly mess, shaking andweaving all over the road.

Read the rules of the road.

Read the rules of the road.

Im not an expert but doesnt it say that that cyclists are allowed to cycle two abreast unless it is not safe to do so or if they are restricting traffic. Even if a single car comes up behind them then they are obliged (by law) to reorganise themselves into single file thus removing the restriction that they have created and allowing the faster traffic to proceed unhindered.
they are then free to resume the two abrest formation and continue their chat if they wish.

You are turning across a cycle lane, it needs to be clear before you make your turn. If it's in any way unclear whether you will make contact with a cyclist then you should stop and wait until the lane is clear. It's not any effort in a car is it?

Lol who said anything about cycle lane?

They get dealt with accordingly by the Gardai, same as a 12-15 year old that breaks a red light and gets caught.

You are brought to court and fined btw

Are they?

Well perhaps they need to give them 10 years hard labour then instead, because I can honestly say I have never seen one cyclist understand that a red light means stop.

Whatever it is they arrogantly sail through like it doesn't apply to them

Why do they do that?

Im not an expert but doesnt it say that that cyclists are allowed to cycle two abreast unless it is not safe to do so or if they are restricting traffic. Even if a single car comes up behind them then they are obliged (by law) to reorganise themselves into single file thus removing the restriction that they have created and allowing the faster traffic to proceed unhindered.
they are then free to resume the two abrest formation and continue their chat if they wish.
Spot on.

De Mange, do you have a drivers license?

Are they?

Well perhaps they need to give them 10 years hard labour then instead, because I can honestly say I have never seen one cyclist understand that a red light means stop.

Whatever it is they arrogantly sail through like it doesn't apply to them

Why do they do that?

Yes, the fine is €100

10 years for running a red light sounds like a very sensible proposal

Hey, you're changing tack now, I'd agree that all cyclists should have a knowledge of the rules of the road. Most schools do teach the kids these rules and there are those dedicated centers they can bring kids to that simulate roads, junctions etc. it should be mandatory

You did start by saying no one under 16 should be allowed to cycle on the roads though, and I completely disagree with that statement for reasons already outlined

The only reason you gave is that you were 16 at the start of 6th year. I guess this means that you were also 16 during the second term of 5th year, thus disproving your own argument that you would have to wait until your LC year to be allowed cycle to school.

Anyway, I decided to compromise and say 15, just to throw you a bone, de mange.

I'm glad you agree that everyone should have a knowledge of the rules of the road. Do you think people who don't should be allowed on the roads?

People who 'rage' about cyclists are so dull. Get a life fist shakers.

Admittedly, cyclists who cycle two abreast thinking they are in the Pyrenees on busy narrow roads or on dual carriageways in rush hour are stupid. Cyclists breaking lights in a city centre are generally harmless.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dr Dec and The Side Effects

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼