Cork Hurlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come this lad wasn't in the running for idiot of the year? He'd run away with it.

Limerick, you got to laugh. There's more all ireland medals down the back of couches in cork than in that third world county.

:mrgreen:

McCarthy was on for about 10 minutes the last day and in that time he won two catches, a free and set up a score. By any standards that's quite productive, by the standards of the Cork half forward line that day he was a hive of industry.

I had a good old chuckle to myself about Enda McEvoys comments in the next days paper praising JBM for being man enough to admit his mistake in bringing on McCarthy by subbing him off. Everyone else in the ground knew he was hurt.

I thought McEvoys piece in the match programme was a bit ungracious, going on about the day Cork beat Kilkenny being 'a poignant one for lovers of hurling' or some such shite and saying it wasn't the finals the neutrals wanted. The fuck he'd know about being neutral when Cork are involved like.

Cian Mac showed up very well in his cameo.The Clare half back line were having a field day but Cian stood up and took the fight to them.What more can you ask?

Perhaps he'll be MOTM this time out. As Darragh O Sé pointed out in article following original game, it's often the non-performers the first day that seize the second opportunity that a replay offers.
On that basis, there'll be a few Cork lads chomping at the bit to set the record straight this Saturday.
Don't think we'll be as nervous either - I expect Cork to come out all guns blazing on Saturday.

In the Kilkenny and Dublin matches our fellas were primed for battle.There's no doubt that the occasion that was the all ireland final got to a few of our lad's.A lot of them didn't do themselves justice but they have a second chance to put things right.The Clare half back line walked all over us and they cleaned up in the breaking ball stats.That won't fucking do the next day.However a lot of our lads played shite but they rode out the storm.They got the crucial goals and they almost nicked the win.The experience of the last day will stand to us next Saturday.I honestly can't see us being outfought and outplayed in the manner that we were in the first game.The Clare backs will attempt to intimidate our forwards again and the reff is going to allow it so they better hold firm and stand their ground.

Clare waged war on us the last day and the game was played on their terms and conditions.That has to change the next day.If they hit us we hit them back twice as hard.Make the moves that will make Clare react to us.We were reacting to them all fucking day in the first game.I imagine that we will have a smarter puckout plan and that we'll give the Clare half back line something to think about instead of pucking ball after fucking ball down on top of them.If we take that half back line out of the game then we'll have them because our forwards will rip their full back line to shreds.I expect Cork to be better on Saturday and therefore i expect Cork to win.At the end of the day i am a Cork supporter and i expect Cork to win all the time.(Before some nitwit from some non Cork place get's indignant that's not arrogance that's just the way i was bought up.)Tom Kenny Cian McCarthy and Stephen Moylan all have strong claims to a place on the first 15 but let's give the 15 from the last day another chance.Only a couple of our players Nash, O'Neill ,O'Sullivan, Kearney, Seamie Harnedy and Hoggie played well the last day.I think the whole team will be ready to rage war on Clare from the word go this time.

Clare hurling is in good health and they will win a few senior all irelands over the next few years.We need this all ireland more and despite what the begrudgers say hurling needs a strong and competitive Cork.We need this all ireland bollox to this talk about next year or 2016 we need it now.Don't let this opportunity get away from us.The backs have been in great form all year.Our midfielders have the mobility to last the pace with the Clare midfield and i think our forwards will finally ignite.Were going to finish the job this time and that midget Crazy Davy will be crying about it to the media like a smacked child for the whole winter!

Last edited:
From Rebel Gaa.

stephen: Less than a week to go and believe the replay will be every bit as exciting as the first game. No doubt about it, Clare were the better team the first day but Cork hung in there very well and could very nearly have won it in the end. Can we improve on our performance from the first day, I certainly think we can but that doesn't necessarily mean that we will win either, Can we score 3 goals again, stop Clare from scoring etc....

Clare demonstated that they have some excellent players all over the field and we certainly found their movement from midfield up very hard to deal with. Defenders will always struggle if the supply of ball coming into the forwards is good and often and the Clare half back made this happen the last day. They won too much ball for my liking and after breaking the tackle, were able to send good ball forward. This is an area of concern for Cork. Players need to stand up and say we will not be beaten like that again and even if we don't win the ball, Clare will have to work much harder to offload it.

The starting 15 will again be very interesting and I believe we may see a couple of changes. In the backline I thought O'Neill was the only one who really performed on the day and as usual this season led by example. He will have to be careful though as he could have walked the last day. Whatever about what Honan might have done first, O'Neill can only worry about his own actions and the strike the last day was silly at best. Murphy it seemed to me was well off the pace but hopefully the extra few weeks will have done him the world of good. For me McDonnell, Joyce and Egan all struggled, all need to improve if selected. Kenny may well come in I feel.

The game seemed to bypass McLoughlin but he has had an excellent season, hopefully he can bounce back, some days the ball just doesn't fall for you and hopefully the first game was just one of those days. Midfield have to lead from the front and have a massive job to do in supporting the 2 half lines.

The forwards have the ability, we all know that. 3-16 is again an excellent return and would win most games but they cannot let Clare's backline dominate again. Will Coughlan retain his place? Its a tough one to call, Moylan has proven himself to be very good but some players can be excellent from the bench and I feel we should keep him there but maybe spring him a little earlier this time. The way Clare play could suit Naughton as a roaming corner forward, his has ability to play midfield and also draw frees which Clare seem willing to concede. Also once there half back line is broken they look vulnerable. Looking forward to it again. The low key build will hopefully suit the team a bit better this time and there is no doubt nerves also played a part in Cork's performance the first day

How serious is the knock Harnedy is carrying?

I see the examiner has an article with the Clare keeper saying he is going to bé running out to meet Nash's 21 if we get one on Sat - will bé interesting to see if it happens again the next day.

Any word on how training has gone and if the Cian Mac rumour is genuine....

This is good

BU6dkWPCMAARLCo.jpg

:mrgreen:

Cian Mac showed up very well in his cameo.The Clare half back line were having a field day but Cian stood up and took the fight to them.What more can you ask?

In the Kilkenny and Dublin matches our fellas were primed for battle.There's no doubt that the occasion that was the all ireland final got to a few of our lad's.A lot of them didn't do themselves justice but they have a second chance to put things right.The Clare half back line walked all over us and they cleaned up in the breaking ball stats.That won't fucking do the next day.However a lot of our lads played shite but they rode out the storm.They got the crucial goals and they almost nicked the win.The experience of the last day will stand to us next Saturday.I honestly can't see us being outfought and outplayed in the manner that we were in the first game.The Clare backs will attempt to intimidate our forwards again and the reff is going to allow it so they better hold firm and stand their ground.

Clare waged war on us the last day and the game was played on their terms and conditions.That has to change the next day.If they hit us we hit them back twice as hard.Make the moves that will make Clare react to us.We were reacting to them all fucking day in the first game.I imagine that we will have a smarter puckout plan and that we'll give the Clare half back line something to think about instead of pucking ball after fucking ball down on top of them.If we take that half back line out of the game then we'll have them because our forwards will rip their full back line to shreds.I expect Cork to be better on Saturday and therefore i expect Cork to win.At the end of the day i am a Cork supporter and i expect Cork to win all the time.(Before some nitwit from some non Cork place get's indignant that's not arrogance that's just the way i was bought up.)Tom Kenny Cian McCarthy and Stephen Moylan all have strong claims to a place on the first 15 but let's give the 15 from the last day another chance.Only a couple of our players Nash, O'Neill ,O'Sullivan, Kearney, Seamie Harnedy and Hoggie played well the last day.I think the whole team will be ready to rage war on Clare from the word go this time.

Clare hurling is in good health and they will win a few senior all irelands over the next few years.We need this all ireland more and despite what the begrudgers say hurling needs a strong and competitive Cork.We need this all ireland bollox to this talk about next year or 2016 we need it now.Don't let this opportunity get away from us.The backs have been in great form all year.Our midfielders have the mobility to last the pace with the Clare midfield and i think our forwards will finally ignite.Were going to finish the job this time and that midget Crazy Davy will be crying about it to the media like a smacked child for the whole winter!

Great post Youghally. Hopefully the Harneady thing is a rumour he'd be a massive loss. But I wouldn't trust the Examiner to save my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼