Tommy Tiernan World Tour Of Cork

I think 28 euro a ticket is pretty pricey for TT. I saw Jason Byrne for 20, and plenty of comedy nights in cork for 5 euro plus some drinks promo's. Joe Rooney is best I've seen and plays city limits each year.

TT is promoting by aiken promotions and his last two tours of ireland focus on places off the beaten track who haven't been exposed to comedy. His last tour hit up tiny village halls in small towns or 300 + people. To my knowledge most sold out.

I just don't get Tommy, just not my style but as Pat said he works hard and is Independant from those idiots bubble wrapped with a big agency.

I just don't get Tommy, just not my style but as Pat said he works hard and is Independant from those idiots bubble wrapped with a big agency.

Ah yes, the beloved LR Agency, the biggest fuck up in Irish comedy, their the reason why comedy will be fucked in this country.

Seen him at the Opera house last night...Usual TT fair like and he dealt with the odd heckler simply enough...

"Did it say community fucking workshop with Tommy Tiernan on the way in through the doors there lads'... No more heckling LOL...

Show was a bit short like around 50min then 15 min break then 45 mins to finish ..

Love or hate em he does though put on a good show and I suppose proof is that they are all sold out! The full tour is....

bit short but it was a good night out ...

Fucked how?

If they offered you a contract would you turn them down?

Over the past 6 years I have seen some amazing comedians on the Irish circuit, comics that had the potential to make it big based solely based on their talent. But because their not on the LR books they will never reach the top, nor any where near it. LR run all the major comedy festivals, which is why it's always the same Irish comics year in year out. One comedian was poised to go to the top but fell foul of the agency, and as such found he couldn't get bookings from clubs that were hounding him to do gigs only a few months previously.

You will see very often people complain about the various Irish panel shows and the lack of talent of comics on these show, theses comics are on the LR books and RTE deals with LR, so their comics get the slots every time. Would I turn them down contract wise. for fucking sure I would, but then again comedy for me is about the performing and the pure pleasure I get from comedy, I dont need the like of LR to get me the type of gigs I enjoy.

When you only have the one agency running the entire network, then talent doesnt matter, favoritism wins every time.

Seen him at the Opera house last night...Usual TT fair like and he dealt with the odd heckler simply enough...

"Did it say community fucking workshop with Tommy Tiernan on the way in through the doors there lads'... No more heckling LOL...

Show was a bit short like around 50min then 15 min break then 45 mins to finish ..

Love or hate em he does though put on a good show and I suppose proof is that they are all sold out! The full tour is....

bit short but it was a good night out ...

went to see TT in the OH in feb too.. he was good but I felt that the show was so stilted - like he is now afraid to let go; he was totally holding back..
I guess he can't win.
He is an incredibly intelligent man though.
But we had the bad luck of sitting in front of this BIG girl who would laugh violently, like, as he opened his mouth; before any words came out - funny or not. My poor mate beside me really wanted to smack her.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼