the wine thread

of course i was never odd with you, tis just i know some people can be really snootty about wine and my thinking is if you like it thats all that matters. i have gotten given out by people for not knowing my wines and drinking white with steak.

just drink whatever you want whenever you want.
If you like white with meat go for it,
I personally sometimes like red wine a little chilled which is a supposed big NO NO to the wine buff but fuck em it's how I like it.

of course i was never odd with you, tis just i know some people can be really snootty about wine and my thinking is if you like it thats all that matters. i have gotten given out by people for not knowing my wines and drinking white with steak.

Whoever gave out to you for that doesn't really know about wines .

I'm no longer fond of whites ( although I used to like them ) it's harder to find a nice one . However when picking wine for food you need to consider the sauce and what flavours in the sauce you want to either accentuate or counterpoint ,

For instance , fish with a creamy white sauce , well you want an acidic , tart wine to go with it . Lots of whites , but also some good reds will fit that . I'd actually imagine some of the big californian whites might go well with a steak with garlic butter . Bend in the river ( in the cute bottle ) would be one. If it was the creamy pepper sauce , I reckon an italian , red Chianti or d'Abruzzo would be great .

Might drink wine tonight now

i cant drink bend in the river, cos of what someone did with the bottle once. and it was friends of friends that gave out to me, "as a waitress you should know this stuff, what if you were asked for advice by a customer blah blah blah". i havent seen them since:)

theres no oneupmanship in here - i recommended a bottle that costs €7.50 ffs, people who enjoy a full bodied rioja might pick a few up next time they are in tesco and enjoy it

and the whole white with fish, red with meat rule is a load of codswhallop

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼