Iron and Wine

At the risk of severing all links with my manhood, this was one of the most beautiful gigs I was ever at.

It was a brilliant, brilliant gig. There was eight in the band including Sam Beam and boy could they play. He didn't even play some of my favourite songs and I still thought it was absolutely fantastic.

I could listen to his voice forever, it's just got a unique quality. I'd love to get him into some quiet pub some night with a roaring fire and give him a guitar and let him play away for hours on end.

Magic.

Have to agree on The Ambassador gig. Fantastic. Such a great band with him too. They all were in Conways across the road afterards as well, lovely peeps. Great to meet Paul Niehaus too (he of Calexico, Lambchop).

Have to agree on The Ambassador gig. Fantastic. Such a great band with him too. They all were in Conways across the road afterards as well, lovely peeps. Great to meet Paul Niehaus too (he of Calexico, Lambchop).

Ya it was class alright, I thought the support were very good too. I don't know if you caught them, Johnny Flynn.

I put a thread up about Johnny's band the other day but they seem to be still unknown over here, there was something about them in the Culture section of the Sunday Times last week.

Would love to see Iron and Wine in Cork, but it looks unlikely right now. Great band.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼