Iron and Wine

EDIT.

I just saw the other thread, I hope it's in the mezz area. He's the kind of fella you'd love to get to sit next to a roaring fire and let him sing away. Great band with him too.

IRON & WINE
Announce new album
GHOST ON GHOST
Releases on April 12th on 4AD

Sam Beam's Iron & Wine are back with their follow-up LP to 2011's Kiss Each Other Clean. Ghost on Ghost is out April 12 in Ireland on 4AD (It's out on April 15 via 4AD in Europe, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand and and on April 16th in US via their new label home, Nonesuch)

Below, check out the band's first offering from the album, "Lovers' Revolution".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XfJNzA0Z7xw

The album was produced by Brian Deck, who has worked extensively with Iron & Wine in the past. The album cover, pictured above, is by photographer Barbara Crane, from her series "Private Lives". Musicians on the album include Rob Burger of Tin Hat Trio, Steve Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Kenny Wollesen, and Briggan Krauss of Sex Mob, jazz drummer Brian Blade, trombonist Curtis Fowlkes of the Jazz Passengers, bassist Tony Garnier (Bob Dylan's band), cellist Marika Hughes, Maxim Moston and Doug Wieselman of Antony and the Johnsons, and Anja Wood.

In a press release, Beam said that his previous two albums contained an "anxious tension" that he wanted to move away from. "This record felt like a reward to myself after the way I went about making the last few."

Iron & Wine are planning to tour throughout the year-- dates will be announced soon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼