Your early drinking days?

Back in the UK we used to go to a local pub on Sundays when I was 14.
They did a savage chili con carne with crusty bread and was allowed two pints of Strongbow cider to wash it down with.
One Christmas when I was 16 or 17 o got a flagon of cider.
Suppose my parents counted it as one of my five a day!

Donkeys bollix down the Mangala. Naggins down the slabs. Flaggons in Shelly Woods. #Douglas4life

Is that the name of the woods behind pinecroft estate, many a session down there back in the day...I remeber there used be this fella "coach" most of grange used be shitting of, we were about 13-14 and id say he was about 16 or so but genuinely was built and looked around 30 years old! A beast!

Going to Dolphin on a Saturday night...summer of 1992...all tanked up on cans, cider, or even a sherry phase at one point..... in the stands beforehand....... savage totty inside....... fights galore on the road outside. The place really did have a bit of everything!

Dolphin Rugby Club??

Started gatting when I was 12-13, used be locked after half a can lol. Gang of us used to hang around outside the offie and wait for some chap to pass and ask him to go in and buy our cans and throw a can of fag etc for the favour! I was a little fecking delinquent...my poor ol lady had to drag me to the A+E a few times I came home in such drunken conditions. Happy days!

Is that the name of the woods behind pinecroft estate, many a session down there back in the day...I remeber there used be this fella "coach" most of grange used be shitting of, we were about 13-14 and id say he was about 16 or so but genuinely was built and looked around 30 years old! A beast!

Yup, Shelly Woods is indeed behind Slimcroft.

Christ, I haven't heard the name Coach in a long time. He's a few years younger than me, but still a fella I'd have given a wide berth back in the day, an absolute animal of a young fella and not afraid to throw his weight around.

Yup, Shelly Woods is indeed behind Slimcroft.

Christ, I haven't heard the name Coach in a long time. He's a few years younger than me, but still a fella I'd have given a wide berth back in the day, an absolute animal of a young fella and not afraid to throw his weight around.

Good times hanging around down there, used be able to access it alongside pinecroft but there is an estate build on that land since.

Indeed he was! Heard many a story!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼