Your early drinking days?

I suppose I started drinking at about 15/16. It usually consisted of drinking 3 cans of Scrumpy Jack, falling down, puking in a ditch, and fucking off home to bed 2 hours later. :bday:

Happy days back in 1983 going to The Millwheel on Washington Street or The Castle on South Main Street for our pints of Smithwicks before going dancing to Francis Hall.Trying to look sober in the que and chewing 5 or 6 golfball chewing gums to hide the smell of drink.After tge disco finished we'd get our grub in Peyton Place chipper on the way home.

The ould pair let me drink wine at dinner from about 14 or so, but my first real experience was drinking cider in Douglas after a game of pitch and putt with work colleagues from my summer job in Atlantic Homecare.

Happy days back in 1983 going to The Millwheel on Washington Street or The Castle on South Main Street for our pints of Smithwicks before going dancing to Francis Hall.Trying to look sober in the que and chewing 5 or 6 golfball chewing gums to hide the smell of drink.After tge disco finished we'd get our grub in Peyton Place chipper on the way home.
Ah happy days St Francis Hall!

Started off with a a half a 2 litre of cider. Shared it with my younger brother. Soon graduated to a 2 litre and a can every friday night, and chip in for a ten pound deal. About 2 old Irish pounds for a chips and curry on the way home.

Probably cost about ten quid a night. And freezing the bollix off on winter nights. As soon as I could get served in a pub, that was it for bush drinking.

that was it for bush drinking.

Myself and my buddies stayed bush drinking into our late 20s. To be fair, we weren't down the woods with teenagers, but every chance we got to go drinking outdoors we took it. There's a helluva lot to be said for drinking without walls or strangers.

The Cliff Hotel in Ardmore before it became a posh joint. Sitting on top of the cliff on a long summer evening and throwing the empty glasses onto the rocks below.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼