Training Run Times

At the start one of the lads who had never tried gels accepted my offer to try one of mine, He was a few mins ahead of me and met him at the finish, I asked him how the gel went? christ he said i took it at mile 5 and by mile 6 i had to hop into a field, it ran right through him ðŸ˜

Another 10k today. Went from 43.57 last week to 41.40 today. Happy with that. The only quality I've done in training is precisely last week's 10k. This one is flatter and back when I was running well I'd do maybe 20 seconds faster on this one. So, that jump is impressive if I say so myself. Won't bore ye with report, just say the km splits were consistent, slowest 4.11, fastest 4.04. And I sprinted the last 100 metres - on a sexy blue track - to pip a young lad!! My young athlete Quinn won the Half in a p.b. of 1.10.31. Not a bad day's work.

Another 10k today. Went from 43.57 last week to 41.40 today. Happy with that. The only quality I've done in training is precisely last week's 10k. This one is flatter and back when I was running well I'd do maybe 20 seconds faster on this one. So, that jump is impressive if I say so myself. Won't bore ye with report, just say the km splits were consistent, slowest 4.11, fastest 4.04. And I sprinted the last 100 metres - on a sexy blue track - to pip a young lad!! My young athlete Quinn won the Half in a p.b. of 1.10.31. Not a bad day's work.
Well done C, great to see you out flying it ðŸ‘

I had a tough 10km this morning but delighted to have it done. Headed out to Donraile Park for 2 laps of the perimeter. I didn’t realise how much elevation there is, there’s no flat bits you’re either climbing or running downhill. Also didn’t realise that it’s a trail surface, the climb at 3.5-4.5km is relentless, 195m vertical in the end. Exactly what I needed though with the Quest coming up

Big family night last night until 2.30am wasn’t the kind of prep you’d be looking for!

That’s brilliant progress Cranky, it’s not too long ago you were at 3km
Was actually thinking about when I started as I was almost home. When I started on a couch 2 5k in October I could barely run 2 minutes without being out of breath. A bit sore today but by god I’m delighted with the progress. 10km in the marathon in June is looking very promising now.

Was actually thinking about when I started as I was almost home. When I started on a couch 2 5k in October I could barely run 2 minutes without being out of breath. A bit sore today but by god I’m delighted with the progress. 10km in the marathon in June is looking very promising now.
Go for it, you wont regret it

You'll knock that one out of the park.

Got back out for a wee 2 miles today.
I've been battling with this annoying calf tightness issue that was first in both calves and now just in my right.

Really couldn't run for more than 10 minutes before seizing up despite stretching and all sorts.

Bit of physio and it's been put down to my gym shoe.

Went out late last week for 25 minutes and it went well but they almost seized up with a few minutes left, had to stop and stretch.

Shorter 2 miles today and they felt much better again. Might head out tomorrow for a slightly longer one and see how they go.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼