The Official NBA Thread

I was having a look at the draft situation and realised that there is possiblilty tha Phoenix will have three first round picks in the sumer . Atlanta's (providing they don't draw top 3) which will almost certainly be top be top 10 and Clevelands . That's pretty scary stuff considering the draft.
Yeah, I was reading ESPN.com the other day and one of the columnists was pointing out that they could end up with someone like Joakim Noah at the 6th or 7th pick. Florida's slump is reducing Noah's chances of going in the top 5 apparently.

Ok not NBA but didn't want to start another thread

An unreal end to NCAA Div 2 Final at the weekend .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgsn3C3UBs

Yep, one helluva performance from that guy to win it against a team that hadn't lost in nearly 2 years!!!
The D1 tournament has been very good this year as well. The end of the Georgetown UNC game was astonishing. An outrageous collapse!! I'm really looking forward to the Final 4 ties. Ohio V's Florida would be one helluva final considering it would be OSU's chance to avenge the Football loss.
-AmadeusDC-

Yep, one helluva performance from that guy to win it against a team that hadn't lost in nearly 2 years!!!
The D1 tournament has been very good this year as well. The end of the Georgetown UNC game was astonishing. An outrageous collapse!! I'm really looking forward to the Final 4 ties. Ohio V's Florida would be one helluva final considering it would be OSU's chance to avenge the Football loss.
-AmadeusDC-

Haven't had the chance to see much of it this year unfortuatley but I still maintain that the NCAA tournament is as exciting as any sporting event around. Definitely gonna try and check out the Final Four online this weekend though. I actually fancy Florida to do it again . They've pretty much got the same team as last year and seem to have this real mental toughness een when they're not playing well. It will be nice to actually see Greg Oden in a full game for the first time as well .

I'd love to have seen a few games, especially anything with Durant or Oden, just to see what the hype is about. From reading stuff one block at the end of the Memphis game has sent Oden's ratings soaring again.

I'd love to have seen a few games, especially anything with Durant or Oden, just to see what the hype is about. From reading stuff one block at the end of the Memphis game has sent Oden's ratings soaring again.

Well the Memphis centre came out before the game and basically said he was gonna bitch Oden.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main10083226.shtml

"Oh yeah," he said. "I think (scouts) really will be watching this game tomorrow night because it's two great big men going up against each other. I'm an underrated big man and he's a lot overrated as a big man."

"I'm going to have a 20-rebound night,"

"I'm Goliath," he said of his individual battle with Oden. "He's the little man."

"He doesn't want to stay in the paint," he said of Oden. "He just wants to post up. I watched a couple games. He's not really playing in the paint. He likes to help-side (defend) and block shots. I haven't seen him against a great player play great defense."

"I was cheering under my breath for (Ohio State) so I could get the matchup."

The Result
STARTERS M FG 3FG FT OR TR A TO STL BLK PF PTS
J. Dorsey, F 19 0-0 0-0 0-2 1 3 0 0 0 0 4 0
G. Oden, C 24 7-8 0-0 3-6 2 9 0 1 0 1 4 17

Oden's stock went even higher with that game. He owned Dorsey!!!

As for Durant, he's another class act. My friend here in Baltimore actually coached him last year in high school. He said he's the best young player he has ever seen. Both are unreal. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the NBA. These guys having to play a year of college has really benefited the college game this year (especially the tournament). -AmadeusDC-

i didn't think they had to play a year, i thought that was only introduced during this season?
ohio and ucla should be a good game. i'm looking forward to conely against affalalo- two class acts. the games i've seen of ohio oden has sat out a fair amount of them due to foul trouble but he always makes an impact when he comes back in for the last minutes.
as well as the players mentioned i think AC Law from Texas Tech will do well in the nba. was at one of his games against oklahoma and he just tore them apart in the second half

i didn't think they had to play a year, i thought that was only introduced during this season?
Nope, Durant and Oden would probably both have gone to the NBA if they were old enough (it's an age limit, not a requirement that you have to go to college for a year).

I was reading about that Dorsey thing alright, what a muppet. Oden's response was classic. "Kind of made me laugh". The man is as bad as The Chief was for not showing emotion. I've watched a couple of clips of him, I don't think his expression ever changes, win or lose.

One last non-NBA thing, anyone see O.J. Mayo's dunk in his last high school game? He got out on a fast break, threw it off the backboard from way out, caught it and rammed it through. Impressive. Unfortunately
1. His team was winning by 40, and there were only a few seconds left. Showboating when you're way up - classy.

2. He proceeded to heave the ball way up into the stands, getting himself ejected. Classier.

Anyway, the Bulls beat the Pistons last night (minus Hamilton and Webber, both have the flu). It means they're only half a game behind the Cavs and three behind the Pistons. This is a huge race, since whoever comes third in it drops to the fifth seed, since the other division winners will take the 3rd and 4th seeds. Although I've been looking at the matchups, and I suppose it depends on whether you'd prefer to get Detroit or Miami in the second round (assuming they beat Orlando/Jersey and Toronto respectively).

Over in the West the Spurs are within 2 games of Phoenix. Spurs have lost only 2 of their last 19 and Dallas are riding yet another win streak, this time they're up to 8. Phoenix on the other hand have lost 4 of their last 7. Could be a case of tired legs, they've been relying too heavily on their first 6. Dallas and San Antonio both have a much more even distribution of minutes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼