The Official Man Utd Thread

i never post links. why post a link when you post the article...
does it even give the impression its mine?

dirty-trucker/Roman Abramovich - No. I knew the minute I read this line

"Ronaldo, like Anelka at the same stage, is a boy. And, like Anelka, he is a mercenary"

that it was Myles Palmer article.

I think most people find it useful if people at least quote their sources (if not providing a link) especially when the entire post was copy & pasted.

Coming into a key few weeks for United now, with FA Cup, Champions league and Important league games all ahead. How much rotation will Fergie employ on saturday for the Reading game?

Both sides will rest players

United played a slightly weakened team against Charlton (largely due to knocks)

Reading have a decent squad though and most of the players coming in are as good

The Fulham game the week after is much more important as far as I'm concerned but the 2 games a week doesn't really start till after that (edit-actually it starts next week)

It's all about the Prem for me and there's some tricky away games coming up

Anything else is just a bonus though i'd like to see another United/Arsenal game in the cup

Last edited:
Coming into a key few weeks for United now, with FA Cup, Champions league and Important league games all ahead. How much rotation will Fergie employ on saturday for the Reading game?

Well Steve Coppell has said he's resting players so maybe Fergie will keep that in mind. Rooney's suspended, VDS is injured & I wouldnt risk Scholes with the game on Tues to worry about. Defence will prob remain the same unless he brings in Heinze, I'd expect Solskjaer & Saha up front and Park & Fletcher to start as well.

Fletcher deserves a run of a few games anyway. he's been far more effective than John O'Shea whenever he's play this season. I think we may see Wes Brown given a run out against Wigan aswell, Heinze in for Evra maybe, with tuesday in mind?

Personally I'm upbeat about the game tonight. Despite Fergie chopping the side to bits last saturday, we did not lose and as it was a cup game no points were dropped. Remember we had 2 replays in 1999 as well and only beat Liverpool with a last gasp win in the 4th round.

I think we have a lot of options up front tonight. Fergie can start with
4-5-1 (I bet Rooney starts on the left, Ronaldo on the right) but he can
easily go 2 up top. And if Rooney & Saha start that leaves Ole & Henrik to
come on. We have options now which is excellent, so I think a 2-0 win for
United.

Personally I'm upbeat about the game tonight. Despite Fergie chopping the side to bits last saturday, we did not lose and as it was a cup game no points were dropped. Remember we had 2 replays in 1999 as well and only beat Liverpool with a last gasp win in the 4th round.

I think we have a lot of options up front tonight. Fergie can start with
4-5-1 (I bet Rooney starts on the left, Ronaldo on the right) but he can
easily go 2 up top. And if Rooney & Saha start that leaves Ole & Henrik to
come on. We have options now which is excellent, so I think a 2-0 win for
United.

given our dodgy away record in europe I'm not so confident. I would start Rooney and Saha up front, but the likelyhood of it is he'll go with this 4-5-1 lark that none of us can comprehend. I think Lille are more than capable of causing us a few problems so our defenders will have to be wide awake for the 90 minutes.
But all in all I think we're more than capable of getting a win provided we play to our potential and Ronaldo is on his game.
Lille 1 - 2 United

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

25th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼