The Official Athletics Thread

Why wasn't Rashidat there?
Loads of the big guns weren't there - a lot of them prefer to focus on Europeans or Olympics. Others prefer the early season championship to get them going.

From the Irish side, Mageean and all of the male middle-distance lads gave it a skip too. Rashidat ran 300m indoors a few weeks ago - and was beaten by Diggs - I'd say she's still early in the build for Paris.

Guapo will know more!

Loads of the big guns weren't there - a lot of them prefer to focus on Europeans or Olympics. Others prefer the early season championship to get them going.

From the Irish side, Mageean and all of the male middle-distance lads gave it a skip too. Rashidat ran 300m indoors a few weeks ago - and was beaten by Diggs - I'd say she's still early in the build for Paris.
All correct.

She had a poor enough run at Millrose her 300 was 36 High, when diggs beat her. Her coach said she had run 35.5 so was eyeing a WR at Millrose and for whatever reason it went badly.

That nailed the coffin for indoors and cemented Rome. He also said she may not run the 400m in Rome. Maybe a 200m and 4x400m relay type affair.

Those sprint coaches are wild. Its like a secret sauce that only fellas who are used to Hanging around for 2 hours looking sensational, before knocking out 3x150m and calling it work could ever understand

What worries me a bit about Rashidat is the difficulty many of the NCAA stars have in converting their early spectacular times once they leave College/America. Have either Diggs or our girl come close to their 49.xx from last Spring?

What worries me a bit about Rashidat is the difficulty many of the NCAA stars have in converting their early spectacular times once they leave College/America. Have either Diggs or our girl come close to their 49.xx from last Spring?
You could well be right.

The only thing I'd say is the ingredients are all in place..Same coach, same facilities in Texas A&M they get use of track and gym outside of the University practice times. She has good training partners, Julian Alfred won the 60m on sat night went pro same time as Rashidat and was a student at Texas A&M. Dina Asher Smith has also Joined the group. and she's finishing out her degree so her mam or somebody close to her has some sensible influence

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

26th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼