Sir Henry's - The Myths

I remember the mushroom sauce they sold...

Fuck it i miss that place..:(

i remember coming out of that place one night late, and the walking down the footpath towards soughtgate bridge the paving stones just lit up.
it was like billie jean all the way home.

i was after mushrooms that night also.:eek:
and they were magic

there's some story about the theft of a table...

i spent a night in the bridewell slammer after nicking a table out of there one night (I wanted a table for my bedroom). I was like Brooks from shawshank when i got out :)

was half-way down south main street with it under my arm when the shades lifted me, de feckers

up in court a few weeks later and the only thing i was worried about was not that i might get a criminal record but rather than i might be barred out of henrys, life would have been over!!!

managed to get away with it, phew!!!

The first weekender was June 94' and i still have the flyer for it at home.

Think it was a form of snowballs that were out at the time, They were not a patch on the pearls though.

Can remember one of the weekenders when the courtyard was open and they had some spinning around thing down there. People were off their tits, getting tied up to this yoke and being spun around like 360 degrees.
On of my fondest memories is the time Glenn Underground and Boo Williams were playing in the Village at one of the weekenders and me and my buddy were in the jax baptising everyone that came in to drink water. It's nuts but drinking water from the taps in the jax was completetly acceptable for some weird reason. Course the yokes made everything ok. :)
Happy times.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼