Rugby World Cup Bid for 2023.

Rugby world cup?!
Pfft.
We'll be too busy hosting 12 NFL games a year.
bcddee3d.jpg

That article makes me laugh. Does he really think any more than a small fringe group, really cares about this silly makey upy sport for people who failed to make it as a pro wrestler and who lack the skill to play either version of rugby.

I mean some people criticise Gaelic football but skills wise it is miles ahead of American football. someone throws the ball, others run after the ball and everyone in the centre clatters into each other. If I were in the States I'd probably watch it, but I really don't think there is much of a market for it here.

That article makes me laugh. Does he really think any more than a small fringe group, really cares about this silly makey upy sport for people who failed to make it as a pro wrestler and who lack the skill to play either version of rugby.

I mean some people criticise Gaelic football but skills wise it is miles ahead of American football. someone throws the ball, others run after the ball and everyone in the centre clatters into each other. If I were in the States I'd probably watch it, but I really don't think there is much of a market for it here.

Its a Youtube sport - watch the highlights when its over.

It would be great to have the tournament here. I might even try get to a game seeing as I'll have the free travel by then.

But David McWiliams talking about rugbyball is just weird.

My 4.5 Forints is that this is not such a great idea.

Ireland will lose money on it. Yes, it would be cool to have the world cup in Ireland, but I think the bitching, moaning and whining accompanying it would be intolerable.

Secondly, there are half a dozen countries I think would be more deserving of the world cup, as Ireland has hosted games for 2 world cups. Argentina, Italy, Romania, Georgia, Russia and the USA would all be good choices

There may be a single NFL game in 2012 in Croke Park.

If Qatar can get the Soccerballs World Cup where it is so hot the players will possibly evaporate due to blatant bribes and appalling human rights sure why not ?

No reason we couldn't do it, about time we showed a bit of sporting ambition.

And i'm sure we'd have the GAA on board by then, so plenty of suitable stadiums.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:30pm

More events ▼