Recomend me a Desktop, please.

Good afternoon Techites.

Could ye lend a fella a hand please. I have approx €800 to spend on a new 'family' desktop for the children. I've been out of the game so long I have no idea what I'm looking for anymore. Although something that won't need upgrading in 2 years would be great. It won't be used for much really I'd say, besides INTERNET, some light gaming and maybe if they're in the form, some school work. I've a few bob for a nice big display too.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Solid Oak or Cherry wood is quite durable and heard wearing.

Try to match the colour with your flooring finish.
This is why I love this place.
Why not got for a MacMini, Fransiski Chopin? €600 and then get a tasty monitor.

Or go for an iMac. I have one, I love it.

Very little space required too.
Was thinking that alright crispy, I have a macbook myself, so it would simplify things. I can't help thinking I'd get a better machine if I went the PC route though. They even have a refurb one up at the moment for €995. One of them even mentioned the word 'iphone' recently.

Why not got for a MacMini, Fransiski Chopin? €600 and then get a tasty monitor.

Or go for an iMac. I have one, I love it.

Very little space required too.

If you already have keyboard, mouse etc Mac Mini is a grand machine - as CS says, get a good monitor or tv to go with it - I have my home Mac Mini attached to my telly and connected to soundsystem. Works great.

If you already have keyboard, mouse etc Mac Mini is a grand machine - as CS says, get a good monitor or tv to go with it - I have my home Mac Mini attached to my telly and connected to soundsystem. Works great.

I'm going doing the exact same thing.

As soon as I finish the work on the house...

Macmini is worth it in the long run

Mine is chugging away in the corner , despite the abuse I've given it , 6 years now .

to be fair , it's a monday morning one so I did have to replace a HD after about three years and the DVD player is shot in it ( the kid pushed two into it one day and scuppered it )
and it won't take OSX Lion on it ... So maybe this year or next year I'll get a new Mac ,
And then the old one willl become the Home entertainment media server upstairs in the Bedroom .

They are so tidy that you wouldn't mind keeping the old one around . Unlike big tower PC's etc . that you just want to get out of the way and end up shoving in the attic .

can do ye a nice core i3/4gbram/500gb hd/dvd/win 7 pro/monitor (19" with built in speakers)/Kboard/Mouse

pm me for a price - all set up ready to go less than your budget price anyway

Smeggle, your blogireland link doesn't work and the auld website is a bit our of date.
Sort it out, man!

yeah blogireland is about to go back online [finally]...

I'll be doing a lot of work on my own site over the next week or so...speaking of which ...anyone know of any decent stuff for doing an online catalog? not shop as such - want to be able to use it in shop on a touch screen as well...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼