Recomend me a Desktop, please.

Good afternoon Techites.

Could ye lend a fella a hand please. I have approx €800 to spend on a new 'family' desktop for the children. I've been out of the game so long I have no idea what I'm looking for anymore. Although something that won't need upgrading in 2 years would be great. It won't be used for much really I'd say, besides INTERNET, some light gaming and maybe if they're in the form, some school work. I've a few bob for a nice big display too.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Why not got for a MacMini, Fransiski Chopin? €600 and then get a tasty monitor.

Or go for an iMac. I have one, I love it.

Very little space required too.

Solid Oak or Cherry wood is quite durable and heard wearing.

Try to match the colour with your flooring finish.
This is why I love this place.

Was thinking that alright crispy, I have a macbook myself, so it would simplify things. I can't help thinking I'd get a better machine if I went the PC route though. They even have a refurb one up at the moment for €995. One of them even mentioned the word 'iphone' recently.

If you already have keyboard, mouse etc Mac Mini is a grand machine - as CS says, get a good monitor or tv to go with it - I have my home Mac Mini attached to my telly and connected to soundsystem. Works great.

If you already have keyboard, mouse etc Mac Mini is a grand machine - as CS says, get a good monitor or tv to go with it - I have my home Mac Mini attached to my telly and connected to soundsystem. Works great.

I'm going doing the exact same thing.

As soon as I finish the work on the house...

Macmini is worth it in the long run

Mine is chugging away in the corner , despite the abuse I've given it , 6 years now .

to be fair , it's a monday morning one so I did have to replace a HD after about three years and the DVD player is shot in it ( the kid pushed two into it one day and scuppered it )
and it won't take OSX Lion on it ... So maybe this year or next year I'll get a new Mac ,
And then the old one willl become the Home entertainment media server upstairs in the Bedroom .

They are so tidy that you wouldn't mind keeping the old one around . Unlike big tower PC's etc . that you just want to get out of the way and end up shoving in the attic .

can do ye a nice core i3/4gbram/500gb hd/dvd/win 7 pro/monitor (19" with built in speakers)/Kboard/Mouse

pm me for a price - all set up ready to go less than your budget price anyway

Smeggle, your blogireland link doesn't work and the auld website is a bit our of date.
Sort it out, man!

yeah blogireland is about to go back online [finally]...

I'll be doing a lot of work on my own site over the next week or so...speaking of which ...anyone know of any decent stuff for doing an online catalog? not shop as such - want to be able to use it in shop on a touch screen as well...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Village Vandals

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼