Premier u21 hurling championship

NaP/Douglas/Sars
Nobody else within an asses roar.

LOL at he Barrs/ Courcey Rovers/Ballymartle/ErinsOwn/Mallow fielding at this level.
Glen won't be bad either - outside of that I would agree with you. Na Piarsaigh lost to Mallow in the opening round but apparently decided not to field 6 lads who were playing with their seniors a few days later- that will tell you how much of a joke this competition is. Sars should be favourites based on the minor teams they have had over the past 3 years but Douglas have a lot of last year's team underage though Turnbull will be a huge loss. If the draw shapes up to be the top half v bottom half in final then I think it will be a Sars v Na Piarsaigh final

I'd give the Rockies a chance
Id fancy Erins Own over Glen whio will be comprised of mostly minors
KIlleagh, Douglas Fr O Neills will all be very competitive
They should try and run it off asap, longer it goes on, the weather will make a lottery of it

Why is this competition played so late in the year anyway?

If it is a case that the U20 championship at inter county level next year means you cannot play in that grade if you are part of the senior panel? Wonder if something similar could be done at club level

And what about club that Are tight on numbers in the adult grade and are dependent on the underage players to make up a team

I'd give the Rockies a chance
Id fancy Erins Own over Glen whio will be comprised of mostly minors
KIlleagh, Douglas Fr O Neills will all be very competitive
They should try and run it off asap, longer it goes on, the weather will make a lottery of it

I was trying to make out who the Rockies would have available redrocky - the standout names would be John Cashman, Tadhg Deasy, John O Sullivan. Who else is underage ? O Halloran ? O Callaghan? O Keefe ? Cormac ? If this is the case then I would agree they will be a strong outfit especially given their senior success

Blackrock should have the two Cashmans, two Cormacks (one is travelling though?), Alan O'Callaghan, Deasy, the two O'Sullivans and O'Halloran.

Blackrock should have the two Cashmans, two Cormacks (one is travelling though?), Alan O'Callaghan, Deasy, the two O'Sullivans and O'Halloran.

I'm sure redrocky can confirm but I don't think Niall Cashman is underage Turenne - he wasn't involved with Cork U21 this year - would surely have started if he was underage as he played last year.

Both Niall Cashman and Cathal Cormac overage for Rockies but they should be in the mix given their recent underage history

Im amazed at accolades for Sars - their minor success handed to them on a plate by Killeagh if Im not mistaken a year or two ago, followed by defeats to Douglas and then Na Piarsaigh in years when they should have gotten over the line

Jack O Connor and Murphy though I have to say maturing into fine players

I agree with Rocky Killeagh wont be far away, and I hear Midleton have that young lad Manley back hurling with them - thought he had been lost to soccer - hes a prospect if he sticks at it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

That They May Face The Rising Sun (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼