MP3 bluetooth car kit

I am thinking of installing one of those MP3/bluetooth kits in my car. It basically lets you use your existing car stereo with bluetooth, and lets you connect your iPod/iPhone as well.
I have been quoted €275 (inc installation) by a well-known car alarm & stereo business in Cork but this seems a little on the expensive side. Is there anywhere else in town that might do it cheaper?

I am thinking of installing one of those MP3/bluetooth kits in my car. It basically lets you use your existing car stereo with bluetooth, and lets you connect your iPod/iPhone as well.
I have been quoted €275 (inc installation) by a well-known car alarm & stereo business in Cork but this seems a little on the expensive side. Is there anywhere else in town that might do it cheaper?

howya is this one of these parrot ones?
When i upgraded my car i lost the abiltity to use an aftermarket head unit.
i was going to get a parrot kit and install it myself.

The problem was that it only came with a 30watt amp...... A tiny little thing, that would probably start distorting at 80%. There was a full display in Halfords but it was onoly half working. The sound was terrible but i think this was down to the speakers. anyhoo i didnt risk it.

A friend of mine asked me about these when he knew i was interested. it basically came down to that they are not really worth it.

he bought a bluetooth/fm transmitter online for about 25 euro delivered that will do all the functions of the parrot ( with call buttons etc) but instead of wiring up you just plug it into ur fag lighter slot and tune it to a radio frequency.
Quality wise, only an audiophile would notice the difference.

he bought a bluetooth/fm transmitter online for about 25 euro delivered that will do all the functions of the parrot ( with call buttons etc) but instead of wiring up you just plug it into ur fag lighter slot and tune it to a radio frequency.
Quality wise, only an audiophile would notice the difference.

I have one of the ciggie-lighter fm transmitters and the sound quality is shit on my car but I think that is more down to the radio not being great as it works fine on my da's but he has a good radio (mine doesn't have bluetooth though).
As regards the bluetooth car kit I saw a place in Watergrasshill that might be cheaper, KC Systems I think they are called.

I have one of the ciggie-lighter fm transmitters and the sound quality is shit on my car but I think that is more down to the radio not being great as it works fine on my da's but he has a good radio (mine doesn't have bluetooth though).
As regards the bluetooth car kit I saw a place in Watergrasshill that might be cheaper, KC Systems I think they are called.

This is the one he got
http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/fm...uetooth-fm-transmitter-drivetransmitpro/20220

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼