John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

Went to both games with the kids over the last few days. Not sure what to think tbh. Still very limited in terms of our resources. Thought we were marginally better last night. Played an ok second half but thought were really lacking in energy and quick thinking. Just comparing the first time passing between players the Swiss were far superior. Decisive passing with intent to move forward. I lost count of the time we were in an advantageous position and we ended up going back to the keeper. There was a lot of audible groans from the crowd throughout the night.

In both games I guess we did well defensively but we’re badly lacking up front. Thought Ferguson did his best but he looked tired, shoulders dropped a lot and he looked a bit fed up to be honest?

Haven’t seen the highlights so not sure about the goal. Was keeper unsighted? Should the wall have stood firm? Keeper was caught out later on too far off his line and they hit the post. Glad CK got a run against the Belgians. Speaking of which I noticed lately all keepers are coming out to nearly the halfway line when ball is in opponents area…I’m presuming this is to prevent counter attacks? Having seen them coming that far up the pitch especially on a regular basis in the match.

Loads of people leaving with 10 mins to go. I appreciate people want to get home early and avoid traffic but would ya not stick it out till the end? it’s a bit disheartening the team going around applauding a near empty stadium.

Dunno where the team go from here or who they’re putting in charge. Not sure O Shea is the man to lead them, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if they do appoint him as the FAI have made such a balls of this whole procedure.

Went to both games with the kids over the last few days. Not sure what to think tbh. Still very limited in terms of our resources. Thought we were marginally better last night. Played an ok second half but thought were really lacking in energy and quick thinking. Just comparing the first time passing between players the Swiss were far superior. Decisive passing with intent to move forward. I lost count of the time we were in an advantageous position and we ended up going back to the keeper. There was a lot of audible groans from the crowd throughout the night.

In both games I guess we did well defensively but we’re badly lacking up front. Thought Ferguson did his best but he looked tired, shoulders dropped a lot and he looked a bit fed up to be honest?

Haven’t seen the highlights so not sure about the goal. Was keeper unsighted? Should the wall have stood firm? Keeper was caught out later on too far off his line and they hit the post. Glad CK got a run against the Belgians. Speaking of which I noticed lately all keepers are coming out to nearly the halfway line when ball is in opponents area…I’m presuming this is to prevent counter attacks? Having seen them coming that far up the pitch especially on a regular basis in the match.

Loads of people leaving with 10 mins to go. I appreciate people want to get home early and avoid traffic but would ya not stick it out till the end? it’s a bit disheartening the team going around applauding a near empty stadium.

Dunno where the team go from here or who they’re putting in charge. Not sure O Shea is the man to lead them, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if they do appoint him as the FAI have made such a balls of this whole procedure.
I know it was only over a game for both players but which keeper stood out for you? I thought watching both games on TV, Kelleher looked the better keeper.

I know it was only over a game for both players but which keeper stood out for you? I thought watching both games on TV, Kelleher looked the better keeper.
kells had a bit of swagger and confidence about him. much better passer, i think i remember baz booting at least one long ball straight out of play.

not enough shots on target across boths games to make a judgement there... bar the free of course.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼