John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

kells had a bit of swagger and confidence about him. much better passer, i think i remember baz booting at least one long ball straight out of play.

not enough shots on target across boths games to make a judgement there... bar the free of course.
Kelleher looked far more able to play the modern keeper on the edge of the box almost like an extra defender. That speeds up play and gets the team playing on the frontfoot.

Prefer O Shea to get the job over some pleb that got fired from Sunderland.
The so called pleb you are referring to was not fired by Sunderland but left on his own accord, the same pleb as you call him that took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to winning it in one season and kept them in the Premiership the following season with very limited resources. I think the pleb on here is you and a very much over sized one at that.

The so called pleb you are referring to was not fired by Sunderland but left on his own accord, the same pleb as you call him that took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to winning it in one season and kept them in the Premiership the following season with very limited resources. I think the pleb on here is you and a very much over sized one at that.
Hear this fella he hasn't a clue what's going on in football.
It's not Keano im on abt .I'll give you a clue he's favourite to take over the Ireland job take your time now he was also Sunderland manager .

I know it was only over a game for both players but which keeper stood out for you? I thought watching both games on TV, Kelleher looked the better keeper.
Definitely Kelleher. Was a lot more assured in his game. Made a cracking save towards the end. Baz’s kicking wasn’t great on Tuesday night. He wasn’t really tested that much either tbf. I think Kellehers recent regular starts with Liverpool is proving invaluable and it shows on the international stage.

It looks like there's been serious talks again with Roy Keane for the Ireland job. He is now the lead contender for the job and there are talks that John O' Shea will fall in as his assistant.

It looks like there's been serious talks again with Roy Keane for the Ireland job. He is now the lead contender for the job and there are talks that John O' Shea will fall in as his assistant.

If that's the case the FAI should cash in and offer Netflix chance to do fly on the wall documentary on it!!

The headlines of him being in pole position for the job appear to a bit click baity when you read the reports. It says he spoke to the FAI at some point, but there's nothing in there to indicate it was recent.

On the Stick To Football show a month or two back, he did allude to speaking to someone about a job recently, but mentioned something along the lines of there being a lack of respect. I can't remember the exact quote. It could have something to do with money. If he was to take the job now, he'd be earning less than he was paid to be the assistant manager a few years ago.

99% of the lads here want Keane, you need Keane because deep down Keane is in all of us. " The silent rage and Yearning to Rattle the cages". So pull up your Underpants and buckle up .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼