Immigration Thread

Its actually getting comical in Dublin.

They put up barriers and moved on the fugees tents in Dublin by the canal

Guess what........theyve moved up the road a bit

View attachment 32627

Omnishambles ..😆
Unfucking believable.
This is 9 months after tents left behind by people attending Electric Picnic were handed out which was a "temporary measure"
Harris yelling "the days of government agencies not working together are gone" sums it all up...wait till he realises who has been in charge of the shit show before he took over.

Unfucking believable.
This is 9 months after tents left behind by people attending Electric Picnic were handed out which was a "temporary measure"
Harris yelling "the days of government agencies not working together are gone" sums it all up...wait till he realises who has been in charge of the shit show before he took over.
Id much sooner we be seen by some as uncaring and hard hearted by refusing to take more than we could instead of us been seen as welcoming
but in a complete mess, Why does Paddy always feel the need to want to be seen as popular?

Id much sooner we be seen by some as uncaring and hard hearted by refusing to take more than we could instead of us been seen as welcoming
but in a complete mess, Why does Paddy always feel the need to want to be seen as popular?
Popular by being nice to those from abroad but doing nothing for the thousands of homeless Irish as "nothing could be done overnight"...yet they've managed to house 140000 people from Ukraine since February 2022 while we still have record homelessness.
Absolute lowlife scum we have in charge.
Not a brain cell between them.

The incompetence from the government is going to cost us dearly in yrs to come.
It’ll follow Britain into the Muslim enclave that it has become.
These tents must be making a good few bob for some government contact.
Every couple of days they are supplied and then picked up by a crane and trashed.
We are becoming a laughing stock of Europe.
Reminds of masks and all that Covid shite 😉

Do we have an immigrant problem or a refugee problem or both in people's view?

In this instance I would classify an immigrant as a person who comes to this country on a visa and to work while a refugee is someone who comes here seeking refuge due to persecution, war or violence within their country.

For me the immigrant as classified above is someone we should welcome as in the most part they are contributing to our economy and society. Obviously you get a few rotten eggs but that is the case with any group of people. The big thing here is the economy as our birth rates are not to the level to help our economy to grow in the future and provide us all with pensions. Either that or we change the way our economy works and potentially ditch capitalism because like it or not the economic model we have requires a growing population.

The refugee situation is a lot more delicate and I agree something needs to change. I don't think this would be half the issue if Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine but it is what it is. We have 110k Ukrainians and 30k refugees of other nationalities in the country at the moment all vying for limited accommodation. Do I think this is affecting the homeless crisis, not to a great degree to be honest, it's the lack of housebuilding over many years that is affecting the homeless crisis. My understanding is that most of those who are homeless, especially families, are given hotel accommodation similar to what is provided to the Ukrainians. Of course there is a very visible homeless issue on our cities streets but I would hazard a guess that a lot of these people have other issues such as substance abuse and it is the lack of services to help them get out of that rut that is causing the main issue here.

What needs to change? Well we need to enforce the rules that we already have as that would go a long way to resolving the issue. Not sure if this will or can be done. Even though we are supposedly one of the richest countries in the world we are suffering from an acute labour shortage in the public services sector and investment in making these jobs attractive as careers for people......I have already mentioned housebuilding and services for the homeless but you could mention policing, nursing, teachers etc. In a way we are a victim of our own success but also a serious lack of strategic planning by government. And btw this is why we need immigration in general because guess what lads and lassies the true Gaels out there aren't putting their hands up for those jobs!

I don't buy into the whole these foreign lads are dangerous either no matter how many tweets watboy shares as that is all he shares, just like Derek Blight (pun intended) he wants to amplify the problem as his agenda is built on racism.

In a way I actually disagree with this thread's title because all types of immigrants are getting tarred with the same brush when in actual fact there are 2 distinct areas. We should have one for refugee issues and one for other immigrants............it would be interesting to see who contributes to which ones!!!

Do we have an immigrant problem or a refugee problem or both in people's view?

In this instance I would classify an immigrant as a person who comes to this country on a visa and to work while a refugee is someone who comes here seeking refuge due to persecution, war or violence within their country.

For me the immigrant as classified above is someone we should welcome as in the most part they are contributing to our economy and society. Obviously you get a few rotten eggs but that is the case with any group of people. The big thing here is the economy as our birth rates are not to the level to help our economy to grow in the future and provide us all with pensions. Either that or we change the way our economy works and potentially ditch capitalism because like it or not the economic model we have requires a growing population.

The refugee situation is a lot more delicate and I agree something needs to change. I don't think this would be half the issue if Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine but it is what it is. We have 110k Ukrainians and 30k refugees of other nationalities in the country at the moment all vying for limited accommodation. Do I think this is affecting the homeless crisis, not to a great degree to be honest, it's the lack of housebuilding over many years that is affecting the homeless crisis. My understanding is that most of those who are homeless, especially families, are given hotel accommodation similar to what is provided to the Ukrainians. Of course there is a very visible homeless issue on our cities streets but I would hazard a guess that a lot of these people have other issues such as substance abuse and it is the lack of services to help them get out of that rut that is causing the main issue here.

What needs to change? Well we need to enforce the rules that we already have as that would go a long way to resolving the issue. Not sure if this will or can be done. Even though we are supposedly one of the richest countries in the world we are suffering from an acute labour shortage in the public services sector and investment in making these jobs attractive as careers for people......I have already mentioned housebuilding and services for the homeless but you could mention policing, nursing, teachers etc. In a way we are a victim of our own success but also a serious lack of strategic planning by government. And btw this is why we need immigration in general because guess what lads and lassies the true Gaels out there aren't putting their hands up for those jobs!

I don't buy into the whole these foreign lads are dangerous either no matter how many tweets watboy shares as that is all he shares, just like Derek Blight (pun intended) he wants to amplify the problem as his agenda is built on racism.

In a way I actually disagree with this thread's title because all types of immigrants are getting tarred with the same brush when in actual fact there are 2 distinct areas. We should have one for refugee issues and one for other immigrants............it would be interesting to see who contributes to which ones!!!

^

The stock bullshit attempt to conflate legal immigration with the crap thats going on at the moment. 🙄

'OuR hOspItAlS aRe fUlL oF iMmIgRaNtS'.

Why would anyone take issue with people who are entitled to be here or have gone through the visa system? Its just total nonsense.

You obviously have skin in the game anyhow, you consistently question anyone who has been pointing out that this farce has been building to the effective system collapse we have at the moment.

Keep calling people racist, that's sure to sort it out lol.

Last edited:
^

The stock bullshit attempt to conflate legal immigration with the crap thats going on at the moment. 🙄

'OuR hOspItAlS aRe fUlL oF iMmIgRaNtS'.

Why would anyone take issue with people who are entirled to be here or have gone through the visa system? Its just total nonsense.

You obviously have skin in the game anyhow, you consistently question anyone who has been pointing out that this farce has been building to the effective system collapse we have at the moment.

Keep calling people racist, that's sure to sort it out lol.
Maybe you should go back and read what I actually wrote!!

Maybe you should go back and read what I actually wrote!!

Ive read plenty of your drivel on this topic m8.

Anyone critical of the governments disastrous handling of immigration is fAr RiGhT or a Derek Blighe supporter. 🤔

Thanks again for sharing posts by wasters on twitter………I bet you follow Derek the racist Blighe as well.

Here you seem to think we just shouldn't enforce our laws wrt arriving without documentation.

Those that are in the most genuine need of refuge can't get documentation but then there are obviously those that take advantage of that to get into the country. How you resolve this I am not sure but if you go with a blanket approach of deport anyone without documentation then you might as well stop accepting refugees in the first place.

To be clear its a criminal offence to present without travel documents, punishable by a 3000 euro fine or 12 months in prison.

If we actually enforced this we wouldn't have seen our sytem completely overwhelmed by scammers from safe countries.

But ya, Derek Blighe, fAr RiGhT blah, blah, blah. 🙄

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼