Immigration Thread

Bluebot talking about flip flopping while he keeps wanting to give McEntee one more chance but claiming he's not supporting her. GoWanYaPity
Doesn't want a United Ireland either because of the cost but wants us to join NATO at a cost of 2% of our GDP each year.

Bit of a want in the lad.

Looks a cleverly worded article Cranky.

I can tell you for a fact that the car I see on a fairly regular basis has neither Irish tax nor Irish Insurance cert on display - which by law you must have here, and on display.

Now maybe they've paid road tax to Ukrainian govt, and are insured by a Ukrainian insurance company - if we could get away with using a UK car insurance company to insure our driving cars in Ireland it'd be great, and much cheaper. But it's not legal for cars that are being driven primarily in Ireland.

They may technically be insured (by a company insuring to a different standard) but if it was insured to drive exclusively in Ireland, where the car has been for at least 12 months, they'd have the requisite Irish compliant insurance certs on display and I can tell you for a fact this particular car doesn't.

Given that it's left hand drive it would probably cost more than the RHD equivalent to under an Irish registered insurance company as well.

12% of cars on Irish roads are said to be uninsured. I find it extremely hard to believe that particular car (and there may well be many like it around the place but I know this one for a fact) is properly taxed and insured for use on Irish roads the way my car has to be.
If they’ve no insurance they are breaking the law. If they’ve gone past the exemption for motor tax they are breaking the law.

To summarise, Ukrainian refugees did not receive an exemption from either motor tax or insurance.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Love N' Dirt

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼