football rivalries for non-local fans

nothing wrong with supporting a club in another country of course, but do you think having an obsessive hatred for your clubs local rival is a bit ridiculous? like a liverpool fan in japan flying into a rage about everton, or an irish united fan frothing at the mouth at any discussion of man city's rise?

Yep. I think its pretty ridiculous.
I think its even pushing it to call yourself a supporter.
I've no problem with fellas having a big interest in foreign soccer. I do myself. But I don't call myself a Utd or Chelsea supporter. There's teams that I like and don't like but I wouldn't get worked up over who wins and loses.

There are some fellas and they think its the be all end all and they're depressed if such a team loses.

Its great entertainment, I watch most matches but I couldn't feel any sort of attraction or hatred of a club.

Yep. I think its pretty ridiculous.
I think its even pushing it to call yourself a supporter.
I've no problem with fellas having a big interest in foreign soccer. I do myself. But I don't call myself a Utd or Chelsea supporter. There's teams that I like and don't like but I wouldn't get worked up over who wins and loses.

There are some fellas and they think its the be all end all and they're depressed if such a team loses.

Its great entertainment, I watch most matches but I couldn't feel any sort of attraction or hatred of a club.

So there are teams you like and dislike and then you write that last sentence.

Dear god.

imagine you went to france and saw a french lad wearing a cork GAA jersey cursing and giving out about kilkenny. "zee keelkenny cunts, i hate zem". you'd laugh at him, and rightly so.

So there are teams you like and dislike and then you write that last sentence.

Dear god.

I'll give you an example. I like Barca and don't particularly care for Real.
But if Real beat Barca last year in the El Classicos I wouldn't get worked up over it like some people do when the team they support loses.
I only give a toss when I've a bet on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼