FAO: London Procfolk

Or those living in the general vicinity.

Unexpectedly, I have a spare ticket for the Aisling comedy benefit in the Bloomsbury Theatre on Saturday night - details here: http://www.aisling.org.uk/html/big_do.php Price £15

If anyone knows of anyone that might be interested, you can PM me. Will only go to waste otherwise, as somehow I doubt there'll be touts outside the theatre I can pass it on to.

Explain.

Aisling comedy benefit?

Is it just a comedy night where proceeds go to charity?
How funny is it going to be?
I don't want to have to research it all, you know.

You're not selling it, NME.
Try harder.

Hang on a sec, EOPS.
No need to rush in there.

Seriously, NME, one question, are the seats assigned?
I don't fancy sitting by myself like, so if someone else bought a ticket, could they sit with me?

D'oriel said:
Explain.

Aisling comedy benefit?

Is it just a comedy night where proceeds go to charity?
How funny is it going to be?
I don't want to have to research it all, you know.

You're not selling it, NME.
Try harder.

Aisling are a London-based charity that organise trips home for elderly Irish emigrants who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to go, as well as providing other support services. A worthy cause, I imagine you'll agree. Ardal O'Hanlon is one of their patrons and organises a comedy fundraiser every year where the proceeds go towards Aisling.

As to how funny it's going to be - well, that depends on how funny you find Ardal O'Hanlon, Dara O'Briain and Deirdre O'Kane telling jokes to an audience of mainly Irish ex-pats. Haven't heard of the other two billed.

I should point out that I'm not actually involved as such, but I had arranged to go, and now I have a spare ticket. Wouldn't normally advertise such a thing on here, as you're all very strange, but all the people I know in London aren't available at this short notice.

Anyway, it's for a good cause. People should consider it. They might be helping your lonely, destitute future selves out in 40/50 years time.

D'oriel said:
Hang on a sec, EOPS.
No need to rush in there.

Seriously, NME, one question, are the seats assigned?
I don't fancy sitting by myself like, so if someone else bought a ticket, could they sit with me?

They seem to be, although I don't know how gung-ho they'll be about enforcing this. Never been to this particular theatre before.

Not the worst lineup, but unfortunately I shall probably be watching fireworks at my rugby club to celebrate burning some catholics.
Besides, i'm not sure my girlfriend would be massively impressed with me if I went on my own.

northmallexile said:
Aisling are a London-based charity that organise trips home for elderly Irish emigrants who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to go...

Anyway, it's for a good cause. People should consider it. They might be helping your lonely, destitute future selves out in 40/50 years time.
Sounds like a barrel of laughs.

Oh wait, did you say Deirdre O' Kane?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
One Night In Nashville
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼