Cyclists

If I saw a walker or a runner out in the middle of the road Id assume they were nuts. 😆

Tbf to the majority of tractor drivers they'll pull over and leave traffic off when its safe to do so.
If there is a spot to do so, the majority of cyclists I know wouldn't dream of holding up traffic (i'm one of them) If you get a tractor to pull in during silage season, you've found the holy grail 😂

Again, spare me your patronising drivel.

The stretch of road these guys are on is narrow and their road position makes for difficult and dangerous overtaking.

Its a regualar occurrence and they can have 20-30 cars stuck behind them for easily 8-10 kms.

Their road position is dangerous and is a menace to people just getting from A to B.

I cycle and I wouldn't dream of doing what I see these jackasses at. Their type of carry on makes a strong case for identifying tags on bikes so you can report their dangerous driving as you would a motorist.
8-10km?

Given that a decent average pace is 25kph then that would have those guys holding cars up for 15-20mins.. I don’t need to have been there to know you are talking utter shite

Relax, overtake when it’s safe, and we can all get home safely

I don’t need to have been there to know you are talking utter shite

Im not talking shite at all m8.
Im telling you exactly what happened.

You feel the need to spring to these ignorant oafs defence as you sometimes cycle from whatever suburb of Dublin you live in. Bit strange tbh.

We are all indeed just trying to get from A to B. Which is exactly why these groupings of cyclists should show a bit more consideration to other road users. It shouldnt be that difficult or so contentious for some.

If there is a spot to do so, the majority of cyclists I know wouldn't dream of holding up traffic (i'm one of them) If you get a tractor to pull in during silage season, you've found the holy grail 😂

With Tractors who won't pull in its almost always idiot young fellas. Most older drivers have the cop on/courtesy to pull in.

Wrt to this group of cyclists , its just totally unnecessary. You dont have to cycle upto the broken white line. Make a small bit of an effort to keep in and you dont create long tailbacks. People who engage in this carry on are just pig ignorant imo.

Im in Kerry right now m8.. back of nowhere. Got some great cycling in over the last few days and will be out again tomorrow morning for 70-80km in the wilderness.

No cyclist holds traffic up for 20 mins.. it’s silly to even suggest it

Cyclists, as in not singular.

They were a group of about 15-20 and they were 2-3 abreast for the entire journey from one town to another. The way they were positioned made it close to impossible to overtake. Dont believe me if you dont want to, thats your own business.

Theres two stretches of road and it is very difficult to overtake cyclists if they engage in this grouping.

I think a lot of cyclists have a rep for being complete arseholes as not only do they engage in this caper, for some unknown reason they feel the need to justify others doing it. Very odd behaviour.

Im in Kerry right now m8.. back of nowhere. Got some great cycling in over the last few days and will be out again tomorrow morning for 70-80km in the wilderness.

No cyclist holds traffic up for 20 mins.. it’s silly to even suggest it

Bit of an exaggeration all right but in Dan's defence it might feel like 20mins when you are stuck behind them

Cyclists, as in not singular.

They were a group of about 15-20 and they were 2-3 abreast for the entire journey from one town to another. The way they were positioned made it close to impossible to overtake. Dont believe me if you dont want to, thats your own business.
That would actually be an easier and safer overtake than if they were in single file.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼