CSN Halcyon Days.

👍
Bertie "Beasht" was an absolute gentleman. A very understanding teacher if you had problems!
I spoke to him recently,pure gent,and a kind teacher.
Yeah, I think he was a bit of an untrustworthy bollix.
Unfortunately we'd Bertie's bro a big foxy prick who actually made a late school mate of mine,Gerry Murray from Summerstown eat 2 lines of mala ( plasticine)
After he caught him chewing it to make it soft to catapult at other guys in the class 😂,he used an elastic band between his fingers to make a catapult, ingenious 👌

Murray ate them and gawked up in class,
Said teacher used lift us by lthe Locke's and regular threw a duster,
Primary/ national school
Scoil an Spioraid naoinh - 66/ 67

McCann threw a duster at one of the lads at the back of the class ,he ducked and the duster went through the window. McCann lost his cool and slapped the lad around the head a few times Pure lunatic and imho not suitable for teaching.
Mad times but tbh, we'd a prick in national school who used make us go out and pick our own bata from one of the trees at the time growing in the schoolyard,
Harry Higgins,faigh an bata he ordered,
And if he deemed it too big,or small or too thick or thin,the loony would file out more slaps,
Course he fuckin lost it altogether when we stole his biscuits and ' the penny for the Black babies box'😂😂😂
While class was acting gobstoppers for a week,
By I tell ya we paid for it
He lived down by O Shea's shop,and we got the olde boys to ordera ton of gravel and sand ,
COD to be delivered to his house
With instructions to back it up the drive as near as possible so as not to annoy the neighbours 😂😂,
Considering there was only a handful telephones between uam VAR and Rossa Ave at the time twas a great operation

I spoke to him recently,pure gent,and a kind teacher.

Unfortunately we'd Bertie's bro a big foxy prick who actually made a late school mate of mine,Gerry Murray from Summerstown eat 2 lines of mala ( plasticine)
After he caught him chewing it to make it soft to catapult at other guys in the class 😂,he used an elastic band between his fingers to make a catapult, ingenious 👌

Murray ate them and gawked up in class,
Said teacher used lift us by lthe Locke's and regular threw a duster,
Primary/ national school
Scoil an Spioraid naoinh - 66/ 67
🤔
Big, foxy guy. Wasn't that Con Burns son Denis who played hurling with the Barrs?
I could have the wrong guy though!

Last edited:
great times all together ,went climbing with then on the beara peninsula and back to Kenmare for the grub,everyone to be back on the bus for ,9pm 9pm came and no sign of them at 9.30 approx we were sent out to find them or they would be left there. I can tell you they were locked when we found them, Young sang the whole way home and the Doc slept the whole way home. Great time was had by all. PS one of the parents dropped them home.

great times all together ,went climbing with then on the beara peninsula and back to Kenmare for the grub,everyone to be back on the bus for ,9pm 9pm came and no sign of them at 9.30 approx we were sent out to find them or they would be left there. I can tell you they were locked when we found them, Young sang the whole way home and the Doc slept the whole way home. Great time was had by all. PS one of the parents dropped them home.
😃
They were great outings in fairness. We used to really look forward to them. Doc never minded lads having a few pints as long as they didn't overdo it.
I remember on one trip a lad was ordering vodka & tonics and Doc stepped in even though the student was 18.

Didn't Doc bring some LC pupils in his yacht sailing down to the west coast of Africa and they climbed Kilimanjaro? I know it was out of school season, probably summer hols, but could you imagine the health and safety issues nowadays.

Didn't Doc bring some LC pupils in his yacht sailing down to the west coast of Africa and they climbed Kilimanjaro? I know it was out of school season, probably summer hols, but could you imagine the health and safety issues nowadays.
Heard something similar,I missed out on all that ,left after inter cert
But my youngest thank God did his leaving at CSN and went onto UCC
Much smarter than his old man,and loved all his teachers

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼