Crash on Carr's Hil

You'd never know - 2 young school girls in my daughters year were knocked down recently standing at traffic lights waiting to cross the road. It turned n old man lost consciousness and veered off the road into them. The traffic light post saved them from worse injuries than the broken bones
True.

That can happen and they were just very lucky.

We have way more traffic and the main roads are busy all the time. I drove to Carrigaline after lunch yesterday and the ammount of traffic speeding on those narrow roads was an eye opener. The new road when it is open is going to be safer but busier as since the Dunkettle works were done there is way more traffic and accidents at mahon and the Bloomfield interchange east & west.

Induced demand leading to this and poor driving/speeding.

True.

That can happen and they were just very lucky.

We have way more traffic and the main roads are busy all the time. I drove to Carrigaline after lunch yesterday and the ammount of traffic speeding on those narrow roads was an eye opener. The new road when it is open is going to be safer but busier as since the Dunkettle works were done there is way more traffic and accidents at mahon and the Bloomfield interchange east & west.

Induced demand leading to this and poor driving/speeding.
Yeah, the amount of drivers I see on phones is unbelievable too. I was behind someone recently on the motorway, was convinced they were pissed as they were veering and continual sudden corrections. I overtook to see what was up thinking I might need to call AGS to pull them over, and it was a gobshite reading his phone

Yeah, the amount of drivers I see on phones is unbelievable too. I was behind someone recently on the motorway, was convinced they were pissed as they were veering and continual sudden corrections. I overtook to see what was up thinking I might need to call AGS to pull them over, and it was a gobshite reading his phone
There was no attempt at a sudden correction in theabove crash which makes me feel it was a medical issue. It looks likeit was going to continue to veer into the opposite lane.

I use car play all the time now, it's actually gas getting replies from people trying to guess what you actually meant in the message. But still a lot safer to use the speech to text.

There was no attempt at a sudden correction in theabove crash which makes me feel it was a medical issue. It looks likeit was going to continue to veer into the opposite lane.
But also the slight possibility that the person was so engrossed in the phone they never looked up.

But a very good chance you are correct.

You'd never know - 2 young school girls in my daughters year were knocked down recently standing at traffic lights waiting to cross the road. It turned n old man lost consciousness and veered off the road into them. The traffic light post saved them from worse injuries than the broken bones

You're right Honky, tomorrow's promised to no one. Tragic for all involved today 😔

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cil by the Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼