Cork U21 Footballers

12th March in Tralee. The animals will be up for this one with Dara in charge.

Big ask for Cork this year - think Kerry have finally woken up to the fact that they need to blood a few successful underage teams in order to replace great servants retiring from senior duty. By all accounts no resources have been spared in last few years and they were stunned to be beaten last year in P Ui Rinn.

Playing in Tralee, and with Cleary gone, Kerry will be looking to put a few bad years behind them at this level. Their lads will have grown up watching Darragh O' Se in his prime. If he can't get them going in front of a home crowd against Cork, then things are very bad!

Our county board lads could learn from them. Whilst the Kerry u21 footballers are taking training sessions with multiple AI and all star winner O Sé, our u21 hurlers will have failed minor coach Pat Kenneally walking across their backs!!!

Hang on a sec, Dara may have been a great player but there is no guarantee that he would make a great coach/manager

True but not as if he was just handed the job on a whim. He spent a year as selector to Eamon Fitzmaurice beforehand and he has plenty of support and resources around him.
Hopefully he'll fall flat on his face but his team ran Cork very close last year and will fancy their chances with home advantage in two months time.

He's an inspirational figure for them but I just don't see the tactical genius part. I happen to think a lot of it has to do with those employed as selectors/coaches

He's an inspirational figure for them but I just don't see the tactical genius part. I happen to think a lot of it has to do with those employed as selectors/coaches

No doubt but if a recent player who has achieved everything in the game volunteers to work with lads who would have looked up to him for years, it should be encouraged.
As you say, he'll at least bring the inspiration to the table and will surely pick up some knowledge from the afore mentioned selectors/coaches. Who knows - they might learn a bit from him too!!

five good backs steven Cronin fulignati brian odr kevin Crowley dorman tree mid field Maguire kiely Kavanagh six forwards Vaughan murphy sugaru alan Cronin dan mc cah alane Harrington sick. at the moment fine panel of players . will come down to which team is put together best

Thanks octavia. There is certainly talent there. Crowley and O' Driscoll seem to be very highly rated in cork. Even one of the animals on kerrygaa reckons O' Driscoll is the best u21 in Munster but can't believe he was at corner back last year. Kerry brought some young lad on at midfield last year who destroyed us. Presume he is available again. Tipp will surely be a strong test for the winners in tralee.

we need to have a spoiler ready for him I think we have a class midfielder in Maguire Kavanagh looks a wirey customer will be interesting

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼