Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Why? This fellow's identity is apparently common knowledge, my own name and details are not.
This is not about what other people know or don’t know. This is about the information you are demanding.
Why do you want someone’s info posted here if you won’t put up your own.
Put up your own details and then I might consider putting up someone else’s.
And in all fairness, it’s not hard to figure out either anyway

This is not about what other people know or don’t know. This is about the information you are demanding.
Why do you want someone’s info posted here if you won’t put up your own.
Put up your own details and then I might consider putting up someone else’s.
And in all fairness, it’s not hard to figure out either anyway
You threw up a comment about someone (a public figure, not an anonymous poster on here) and you don't want to name them. Fine, your call.

Fwiw, I can make an educated guess as to who you were talking about, I was wondering whether or not my guess was correct.

You threw up a comment about someone (a public figure, not an anonymous poster on here) and you don't want to name them. Fine, your call.
I made comments about the process and the constituents of it. I deliberately dont go after coaches/managers and players for a number of reasons including
1: This is an anonymous forum.
2: Coaches/managers are volunteers. The time and commitment required is astonishing. They aren’t being paid.
3: It’s the easiest thing in the world to anonymously rip to shreds people giving their time voluntarily to Cork GAA. I could easily on here gut over half the managers of Cork underage squads who in my opinion should not be running Cork teams. I’ve no idea how a lot of the mentors are involved.
4 I prefer to comment on more the overall set ups in Cork, higher level viewpoints and structures and systems in place to support Cork teams.
5 I really admire anyone that’s involved in any capacity on the pitch.

I made comments about the process and the constituents of it. I deliberately dont go after coaches/managers and players for a number of reasons including
2: Coaches/managers are volunteers. The time and commitment required is astonishing. They aren’t being paid.
3: It’s the easiest thing in the world to anonymously rip to shreds people giving their time voluntarily to Cork GAA. I could easily on here gut over half the managers of Cork underage squads who in my opinion should not be running Cork teams. I’ve no idea how a lot of the mentors are involved.
4 I prefer to comment on more the overall set ups in Cork, higher level viewpoints and structures and systems in place to support Cork teams.
part of our problem is no 5 on your list.

Just because someone is involved at inter county level doesn’t mean they should be, or should be admired for it.

And it’s the same at club level which is swarmed with bluffers looking after teams from top to bottom. But at least you admire them I suppose

It’s no wonder we are in the state we are

I think this is a v sensible post (and unlike RnB, I agree with you on point 5).

But your post that began this exchange was about a specific manager - you didn't name him but you said he was a sub at his club. Maybe you reckon this implies something about the process by which he was appointed. If so, could you say what it is?

Btw if the person to whom you were referring is who I think it is, he has been based down here a long time and done a lot of coaching/managing, both at his club and with at least one other Cork team. I'd say his track record as a coach is far more important, in figuring out whether or not he should be in his current post, then what he did or didn't do as a player with his club.

I think this is a v sensible post (and unlike RnB, I agree with you on point 5).

But your post that began this exchange was about a specific manager - you didn't name him but you said he was a sub at his club. Maybe you reckon this implies something about the process by which he was appointed. If so, could you say what it is?

Btw if the person to whom you were referring is who I think it is, he has been based down here a long time and done a lot of coaching/managing, both at his club and with at least one other Cork team. I'd say his track record as a coach is far more important, in figuring out whether or not he should be in his current post, then what he did or didn't do as a player with his club.
Context is important. Please review the conversation at the time I made my comment.
I don’t need to say anything about any coach. The results speak for themselves.

I posted earlier today on another forum I could rip to shreds half the coaches/mentors involved with Cork teams. I don’t blame them. They are doing their best and I admire them for that. No way would I single out people involved with underage on an anon forum for criticism.

However, Time served in a totally flawed system that has failed abysmally garners no credit in mine and most people’s book. It’s now time to urgently start questioning the people who are making the appointments in the first place.

Context is important. Please review the conversation at the time I made my comment.
I don’t need to say anything about any coach. The results speak for themselves.

I posted earlier today on another forum I could rip to shreds half the coaches/mentors involved with Cork teams. I don’t blame them. They are doing their best and I admire them for that. No way would I single out people involved with underage on an anon forum for criticism.

However, Time served in a totally flawed system that has failed abysmally garners no credit in mine and most people’s book. It’s now time to urgently start questioning the people who are making the appointments in the first place.
I had looked at the context. You had posted (my paraphrase) about coaches at minor and U20 who had v little success coaching and in some cases hadn't played to a good level. Then in response to HighwayAngryMan's reply to that post, you made your comment about an intercounty manager being a sub for his club.

But I don't see that as being important in and of itself. If the manager in question had a good coaching record, to me that is much more important than his club playing career. If his coaching record is poor, then I would agree that he shouldn't be in his current position.

I had looked at the context. You had posted (my paraphrase) about coaches at minor and U20 who had v little success coaching and in some cases hadn't played to a good level. Then in response to HighwayAngryMan's reply to that post, you made your comment about an intercounty manager being a sub for his club.

But I don't see that as being important in and of itself. If the manager in question had a good coaching record, to me that is much more important than his club playing career. If his coaching record is poor, then I would agree that he shouldn't be in his current position.
And?

What about the coach who doesn’t have a good coaching record and didn’t play to inter county himself?
Or as HM posted what about the guy who never played the game at all at all!!

It’s no concern of mine if you think these are acceptable standards.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼