Cork Pubs Irish pints review

I wish I could say the same about another pub in the locality, the Hyde Out. Their pints have become undrinkable, I avoided it for a few weeks but gave it a go last Friday, and it hasn't improved. I actually feel sick thinking about the taste of my last pint in there.

Sad to read that MOE, I know how much you tried to like the place. Could you not have a word with the owner?

Sad to read that MOE, I know how much you tried to like the place. Could you not have a word with the owner?

I said it, but the answer was "nobody else has complained"

I know it's not just in my head, because I can walk up to the Gables and have a gorgeous pint.

It's hard to explain the taste, there's an awful bitter aftertaste off the stout in there. You'd still be tasting it after leaving the place. One night recently I called a pint, took a sip and then went "for a smoke" and went into the jacks and poured the pint into the sink. Absolutely horrible

I said it, but the answer was "nobody else has complained"

I know it's not just in my head, because I can walk up to the Gables and have a gorgeous pint.

It's hard to explain the taste, there's an awful bitter aftertaste off the stout in there. You'd still be tasting it after leaving the place. One night recently I called a pint, took a sip and then went "for a smoke" and went into the jacks and poured the pint into the sink. Absolutely horrible

That's easily fixed Moe - change from Guinness to Murphys ;)

As for pouring a pint down the jacks that should never have to happen - make the staff drink it instead. Lord knows they're charging enough for it.

That's easily fixed Moe - change from Guinness to Murphys ;)

As for pouring a pint down the jacks that should never have to happen - make the staff drink it instead. Lord knows they're charging enough for it.

Well I've saved a fortune due to their bad pints. Myself and the girlfriend would have been in there every Friday and Saturday, but we haven't had a night there in a month I'd say

It's a shame because Liam is a very nice man and I wish him all the best, but I just can't drink their pints.

Well I've saved a fortune due to their bad pints. Myself and the girlfriend would have been in there every Friday and Saturday, but we haven't had a night there in a month I'd say

It's a shame because Liam is a very nice man and I wish him all the best, but I just can't drink their pints.

Seriously Moe, if a seasoned imbiber such as yourself and your missus are avoiding the place because their pints are undrinkable, yerman Liam should be doing something dramatic to rectify it. Maybe just get the Guinness Team in to sort out the pipes. Have you tried a different pint of stout in there - maybe it's because the staff don't really know how to pull a proper pint rather than it jsut being a guinness thing.

Seriously Moe, if a seasoned imbiber such as yourself and your missus are avoiding the place because their pints are undrinkable, yerman Liam should be doing something dramatic to rectify it. Maybe just get the Guinness Team in to sort out the pipes. Have you tried a different pint of stout in there - maybe it's because the staff don't really know how to pull a proper pint rather than it jsut being a guinness thing.

I doubt they care, the place is busy enough as it is without them having to go making changes just to keep me happy.

Funny you say that though, they take their time pouring a pint in there. You could be waiting 5 minutes for a pint of stout, even on a quiet night.

Bar staff should have the 119.5 seconds thing hammered into them. A pint shouldn't take any longer than that to pour

I doubt they care, the place is busy enough as it is without them having to go making changes just to keep me happy.

Funny you say that though, they take their time pouring a pint in there. You could be waiting 5 minutes for a pint of stout, even on a quiet night.

Bar staff should have the 119.5 seconds thing hammered into them. A pint shouldn't take any longer than that to pour

Didn't know it was so strictly time regimented tbh, but maybe that long delay is part of the problem. Hate mawkish pints

Didn't know it was so strictly time regimented tbh, but maybe that long delay is part of the problem. Hate mawkish pints

It's 119.53 seconds for Guinness

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

26th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼