Cork Minor football 2023

Just like I did in selecting a Cork minor hurling panel/team I've decided to do the same in looking forward to Ray O'Mahony and Co.'s selection. It's not that I'm a hurling snob;) but my knowledge on underage football isn't as strong as hurling and confined to more towards the North and the City so I've gone more direct in selecting a possible team and subs rather than going with a large panel. Looking forward to your views and other possible players for selection.

1. Joe Lyons - Nemo Rangers
2. Oliver Barry - Douglas
3. Denis Murphy - Bishopstown
4. Trevor Kiely - Doneraile
5. Darragh Clifford - Eire Og
6. Donncha Reddington - Douglas
7. Diarmuid O'Brien - Glanworth
8. Mark Hetherington - St. Finbarrs
9. Gearoid Daly - Mallow
10. Sean Coakley - Douglas
11. Ricky Barrett - St. Finbarrs
12. Michael Murphy - Kilshannig
13. Cathal Mullins - Mallow
14. Tom O'Connor - Adrigole
15. Gary Holland - Bishopstown

Subs: Devin Frey (Mallow), Luke Casey, Oisin McCarthy, (both Valley Rovers), Cormac Cooney, Cian Cooney (both Clyda Rovers), Shane Collins (Adrigole), James O'Riordan (Croke Rovers), Joey Gibson (Mayfield), Odhran Foley (Bishopstown), David O'Leary, Theo Morgan (both Ballincollig), James O'Leary (Douglas), Daniel O'Connor (Inniscarra), Aaron Horgan (Buttevant), Cian O'Sullivan (St. Finbarrs).

Just like I did in selecting a Cork minor hurling panel/team I've decided to do the same in looking forward to Ray O'Mahony and Co.'s selection. It's not that I'm a hurling snob;) but my knowledge on underage football isn't as strong as hurling and confined to more towards the North and the City so I've gone more direct in selecting a possible team and subs rather than going with a large panel. Looking forward to your views and other possible players for selection.

9. Gearoid Daly - Mallow

Subs: Devin Frey (Mallow), Luke Casey, Oisin McCarthy, (both Valley Rovers), Cormac Cooney, Cian Cooney (both Clyda Rovers), Shane Collins (Adrigole), James O'Riordan (Croke Rovers), Joey Gibson (Mayfield), Odhran Foley (Bishopstown), David O'Leary, Theo Morgan (both Ballincollig), James O'Leary (Douglas), Daniel O'Connor (Inniscarra), Aaron Horgan (Buttevant), Cian O'Sullivan (St. Finbarrs).
Fair play. Some knowledge in fairness. Looking forward to your opinion on u20s. 🤪

9. Gearoid Daly - Mallow

Great knowledge Corkonian. I think Joey Gibson from Mayfield could start. Fine player. Gearoid Daly is the star player on this team.

Minstrel

Much appreciated! The U-20's should be easier to select because a lot of them would have played inter-county minor already. However the team was very different and substantially weaker last year because of a very high injury count, they still gave a good account of themselves in the Munster championship. I will put up a team shortly if some other poster hasn't done so before Christmas.

Skinslad

Also much appreciated! I agree totally with you on Joey Gibson, he is also some kicker of a dead ball. He would be a starter on my team all day long except I wasn't 100% sure of his availability so I listed him among the subs, I heard he was called up by the management but then heard afterwards he wasn't involved, can you confirm? He plays soccer with Ringmahon Rangers and comes from a strong soccer family. It would be great if he was on board with Cork minors this year.

Minstrel

Much appreciated! The U-20's should be easier to select because a lot of them would have played inter-county minor already. However the team was very different and substantially weaker last year because of a very high injury count, they still gave a good account of themselves in the Munster championship. I will put up a team shortly if some other poster hasn't done so before Christmas.

Skinslad

Also much appreciated! I agree totally with you on Joey Gibson, he is also some kicker of a dead ball. He would be a starter on my team all day long except I wasn't 100% sure of his availability so I listed him among the subs, I heard he was called up by the management but then heard afterwards he wasn't involved, can you confirm? He plays soccer with Ringmahon Rangers and comes from a strong soccer family. It would be great if he was on board with Cork minors this year.
I don’t know if he’s involved or not Corkonian. Just that I have seen him play 3/4 times and he’s certainly inter county level. Hopefully he gives the football a crack at it this year

Skinslad

I don't know who will be captain but Gearoid Daly is also a likely leader of this group as he is the only starter from last years team. It will be interesting to see will he remain centre-back or will he play mid-field where he does for Mallow. Sean Coakley was on last years Cork panel and Douglas won the U-16 and U-17 county titles so it's possible he could be captain.

9. Gearoid Daly - Mallow

Not a single player from Clon? Or Castlehaven? Laughable. You obviously haven’t seen much of the latest crop of Clon footballers at this age group. There’s at least 4 guys who’ll make the panel, 2 definite starters.

Not a single player from Clon? Or Castlehaven? Laughable. You obviously haven’t seen much of the latest crop of Clon footballers at this age group. There’s at least 4 guys who’ll make the panel, 2 definite starters.
He literally said his knowledge is restricted to the North and the City. Can you not read?

Fox Leary

StoneHouse is spot on! You've overlooked crucial detail of my post because of your obsession for firstly your own club players and secondly another West Cork club but you haven't provided a single name to substantiate your claim. Same old story!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼