Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wonder who , if anyone is in charge of defensive coaching with this Cork squad or is it one coach to cover everything?
Wayne Sherlock as as good a defender as Cork ever had , I can't imagine how he could be happy with his team conceding 3-26.

I wonder who , if anyone is in charge of defensive coaching with this Cork squad or is it one coach to cover everything?
Wayne Sherlock as as good a defender as Cork ever had , I can't imagine how he could be happy with his team conceding 3-26.
I think it goes back to the fundamentals being coached or not at underage.
Instead, Coaches at rebel og are under pressure to achieve success now at their age group rather than examine deficiencies in basics and team play and put in place longer term programs to improve the basics.
The gauge of success of the development program should be how many of our graduates have won All Ireland senior medals in the last 5/10 years.

I think it goes back to the fundamentals being coached or not at underage.
Instead, Coaches at rebel og are under pressure to achieve success now at their age group rather than examine deficiencies in basics and team play and put in place longer term programs to improve the basics.
The gauge of success of the development program should be how many of our graduates have won All Ireland senior medals in the last 5/10 years.

That could be one of the gauges (an important going forward one I grant you), but there are other gauges too surely - like minor and U-20. And how many have been lost to the game.

That could be one of the gauges (an important going forward one I grant you), but there are other gauges too surely - like minor and U-20. And how many have been lost to the game.
Just saw a very interesting post on x from Karl Dillon the GAA phd researcher in UL.
In 2018 Kerry won the minor All Ireland. 14 out the 15 have not played a single minute of senior football for Kerry. The odd man out being Dylan Geaney, a fringe player.
Goes to show again that underage success is not a predictor of senior.

Just saw a very interesting post on x from Karl Dillon the GAA phd researcher in UL.
In 2018 Kerry won the minor All Ireland. 14 out the 15 have not played a single minute of senior football for Kerry. The odd man out being Dylan Geaney, a fringe player.
Goes to show again that underage success is not a predictor of senior.
A comment on that post says several of the Kerry 15 never even made their club 1st teams .

What sort of tripe is this??
If you think I take any form of pleasure in Cork hurlings demise then you are sadly mistaken. In reality it’s torturing me.
What I was referring to is the fanbots on here. Not many on here have called out the absolute roasting Joyce got yesterday. That’s just a material fact, not a pleasurable item like you suggest in whatever warped cyber world you are in m8.
Maybe you should stop obsessing about what a bunch of anonymous 'fanbots' on the Internet are saying and be more concerned about what you are saying about a young up and coming amateur player for Cork.
You're starting to ape Highway tool in thinking it's your divine path to correct those who are wrong on the Internet.
Youll be talking in catchphrases soon if you don't watch out.

They have a coach brought in from Waterford and he is in year 2, I can’t see what has actually
Improved or what players have improved tbh, they must have had the guts of 200 training sessions in that time considering training camps etc

Maybe you should stop obsessing about what a bunch of anonymous 'fanbots' on the Internet are saying and be more concerned about what you are saying about a young up and coming amateur player for Cork.
You're starting to ape Highway tool in thinking it's your divine path to correct those who are wrong on the Internet.
Youll be talking in catchphrases soon if you don't watch out.
I have a right of reply do I not?
This ain’t China m8.
Please try to remember and acknowledge no one opinion (including mine) is the right or wrong. It’s a game of opinions.
On that particular matter and player there are some on here who strongly hail the next messiah while a small few have a differing view on a more wholistic basis. Both sides have made their points supporting their views.
Now, I think it’s fair to say if you were ever on a selection committee you would know all this anyway and even how difficult those discussions can become.
Or are you one of these snowflakes that is just completely intolerant of anything other than your own beliefs?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

13th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼