Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The issues have been leaked?
Are you for real TF?
There has been gossip posted on here anonymously. The REAL identity and TRUE motivation of the poster(s) unknown.
That gossip is not worth the oxygen it gets for anyone who actually wants the best for the team.
Cork is small, everyone here is probably one to two people removed from the camp, we don't all race on here with stuff we've heard, nor should we.
It's a poisonous way to carry on.
Ah come on now if you read the posts here.
Those are the issues and the issues were what was suggested by Sarah on Off The Ball.
Get your head out of the sand.

As you said we're all 1 or 2 removed from the camp, even the dogs on the street are aware of some of the issues.
Yes I agree we should not race with all the stuff said but a lot you can base on evidence.
If you want to deny it so be it, but that doesn't mean there isn't issues.

The standard of training you can 100% relate back to fitness and injuries.
Fitness has dropped the last 2 years and injuries have risen.

We’ve lost a bit of steel in recent years in my opinion. Whatever else you could criticise them for both Kingston and Meyler had a steeliness about them and that translated to the players.

Last edited:
We’ve lost a bit of steel in recent years in my opinion. Whatever else you could criticise them for both Kingston and Meyler had a steeliness about them and that translated to the players b
Exactly, we are perceived as soft by inter county standards. I fear for them on Sat as Limerick are better hurlers and physically far more imposing. Think we will see a few of the older lads exposed and past it Sat unfortunately.

Ah come on now if you read the posts here.
Those are the issues and the issues were what was suggested by Sarah on Off The Ball.
Get your head out of the sand.

As you said we're all 1 or 2 removed from the camp, even the dogs on the street are aware of some of the issues.
Yes I agree we should not race with all the stuff said but a lot you can base on evidence.
If you want to deny it so be it, but that doesn't mean there isn't issues.

The standard of training you can 100% relate back to fitness and injuries.
Fitness has dropped the last 2 years and injuries have risen.
The best evidence of any issues are on the pitch.
Fitness, commitment and morale were not the reasons we lost to Clare.

You would have had fair odds after the 21 final to say that 5 of the 6 backs would be starting again vs limerick 3 years later, forwards are definitely stronger imo for what it’s worth but the keeper and defence has not improved a single iota since then and Joyce is a killer loss
With the keeper I would argue that Collins is a top-shot stopper.
While our forwards are scoring high and well we don't have strong ball winners from the puckouts.
While Collins can be held for account for a few of the puckouts our core issue is ball winners.
Blaming Collins for all the puckouts glosses over the real issue of lack of ball winners.
Also the tactics PR deploys dictates our puckout strategy.

Some of our defenders don't even play back with their club so the defence not improving goes back to coaching.
Donal Og highlighted the issue and a lot of people here gave out about, how I don't know.
No matter who analysed the game would of used that example.

Our biggest issues in Cork we gloss over the real issues or have some excuse when an issue is found out.
Time everyone steps up, players management and supporters.
I love the County and if I can see the issues surely the experts can see the issues.
Some supporters are in denial or will support their fellow clubmen on the team when citicised (constructively)
Just so egos aren't bruised.

We all know the potential and saw 2021. We saw what we need to to step up and if anything it seems backwards we're going.

The best evidence of any issues are on the pitch.
Fitness, commitment and morale were not the reasons we lost to Clare.
I think some of the fitness can be questioned and the level of injuries.

Commitment and morale definitely cannot be questioned, I defended the the team/players after the Clare defeat.
They died in their boots.

But compare the fitness of some of our players to previous years it has dropped and injuries are rising.

Game management is the biggest issue.

The vibes in the camp and the results are nearly like the chicken and the egg. If you win it’s a great thing if fellas are going around with pissed off heads in training because “it shows the hunger”, if you lose then “the dogs in the street know it’s an unhappy camp”.

Sure how many times has fighting in training below in Killarney been the soundtrack to the Cork footballers getting a hammering off Kerry?

If we’re good enough we will beat Limerick on Sunday and if we’re not then we will deservedly be going out of the championship after going 6 championship games without a win.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼