Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sean Stack is the referee on Saturday. Predicting this forum will go off with some of his decisions. Quite whistle happy and then can miss the most blatant things. GAA have really fastracked him in the past couple of years in my opinion but they have very few refs to be fair.

I think the GAA should seriously consider having two referees for Inter County Hurling. Certainly should be trialed in next few years.

were they misdirected or hit where they were supposed to go but lads didnt get there?
Mcinerney seemed to know where the ball was going all th time and was unchallenged
The long puck outs were good when hopped in front of the two wing forwards when isolated on their markers. When more than 1 clare man in the area where the ball landed clare invariably came out with the ball. Collins might have misjudged the wind strength against him for his first few pucks of the second half unfortunately one of these ended up coming back at him with Rogers scoring a goal.

The long puck outs were good when hopped in front of the two wing forwards when isolated on their markers. When more than 1 clare man in the area where the ball landed clare invariably came out with the ball. Collins might have misjudged the wind strength against him for his first few pucks of the second half unfortunately one of these ended up coming back at him with Rogers scoring a goal.
The wind must not be underestimated. It was very strong.

Any news on Tim O'M? injury wise?

Would it be worth putting Ben Cunningham on the bench as a wing forward option as it looks like Dalton and Harnedy won't be expected to last 70mins and RoF or Luke didn't work out the last day, I wonder does Sean Twomey get discarded after one poorish half down in Waterford on his first day out, harsh it it comes to pass but wouldn't be surprised.

Similarly B.Roche's worth probably jumped given Luke's poor display when he came on, if hes showing anything in training I'd have him on the bench.

I think we need Ger Mellerick in the back 6 but im not sure who's place he'd take, the "easy" option would be to drop E. Downey but i think he's needed in the FB line if only for his height.

E. Twomey and B. Hayes are probably the other 2 in danger of getting dropped, it would be tough on Twomey, Hayes just didn't do quite enough, but I'd imagine he'll get decent minute's.

When the subs are being made, I think the management need to be more pragmatic, in the two games so far changes were needed in the backlines, but there seems to be an eagerness to get RoF and Coleman on the pitch, maybe the less sexy answer was Mellerick and ToC to bring a bit more defensive nous and graft.

Sorry for the collection of random thoughts, I haven't felt this pessimistic about Cork since the Munster final of 1990, (watching Tipp hammer us in Limk in 1988 scarred me), and we turned them over that day, maybe there's a Mark Foley somewhere in the Cork squad waiting to catch fire.

Any news on Tim O'M? injury wise?

Would it be worth putting Ben Cunningham on the bench as a wing forward option as it looks like Dalton and Harnedy won't be expected to last 70mins and RoF or Luke didn't work out the last day, I wonder does Sean Twomey get discarded after one poorish half down in Waterford on his first day out, harsh it it comes to pass but wouldn't be surprised.

Similarly B.Roche's worth probably jumped given Luke's poor display when he came on, if hes showing anything in training I'd have him on the bench.

I think we need Ger Mellerick in the back 6 but im not sure who's place he'd take, the "easy" option would be to drop E. Downey but i think he's needed in the FB line if only for his height.

E. Twomey and B. Hayes are probably the other 2 in danger of getting dropped, it would be tough on Twomey, Hayes just didn't do quite enough, but I'd imagine he'll get decent minute's.

When the subs are being made, I think the management need to be more pragmatic, in the two games so far changes were needed in the backlines, but there seems to be an eagerness to get RoF and Coleman on the pitch, maybe the less sexy answer was Mellerick and ToC to bring a bit more defensive nous and graft.

Sorry for the collection of random thoughts, I haven't felt this pessimistic about Cork since the Munster final of 1990, (watching Tipp hammer us in Limk in 1988 scarred me), and we turned them over that day, maybe there's a Mark Foley somewhere in the Cork squad waiting to catch fire.
Another thing about the subs the last day was that bringing three subs on all around the same time in MC, ROF and LM upset the momentum or drive of the team. If they're going well and players aren't wrecked no need to change unless it's do or die with 5 mins to go

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼