Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yesterday a statement was made about a Cork hurler who has broken the law. Uproar followed.

The same brigade saying a lot worse about Donal Óg here today. Character assassination and homophobic remarks just glossed over.

Nothing he said wasn’t true. But fellas up in arms because he said it about our own.

If Pat Ryan and the Cork Senior Hulring Squad have an issue with anyone speaking about them on TV and calling it as it is, they should start with putting a noteworthy win on the board. Then build from there.

Someone here called us the nearly men earlier. ‘Nearly’ what? Nearly not an embarrassment is it? We have a delusional bunch of supporters who think we will win it every year. And a senior hurling team that hasn’t delivered for a long long time. Cork hurling is a fucking joke, and anyone getting upset at a few statements on the TV is part of the problem.

And to anyone who will point to the word loyalty and tell me he shouldnt say it about our own, Donal Og gave as much and maybe more, and certainly won fucking more than the shower of prima donnas we have now. And he represented every Corkman here, so get off yer high horses about having a go at our own, because yer doing the same thing.
this is not the situation
Its raging hysteria

The amount of s*** and insults people spout ANONYMOUSLY about current players, management, D Og etc in the name of supporting Cork hurling is grim.

God only knows the motivation behind some of the posts but it sure as s*** isn't for the love or good of Cork hurling.

Listening to the Hurling Pod on OTB - point being made that questioning players character is "beyond the pale" and worse than some of the crap you see around the Premier League.
I agree. Fair play to them for saying it.
that, ironically, was directed at a cork individual and his mate questioning shane O donnells character in the donoghue incident

Lads and ladies, where do we stand with this management team if we finish bottom despite the odd spirited performance or two? I am not taking dying in our boots as an excuse this year, we need two wins and i don't care if the performance is crap, ref biased or we are fortunate in victory. 4 points or nothing

Lads and ladies, where do we stand with this management team if we finish bottom despite the odd spirited performance or two? I am not taking dying in our boots as an excuse this year, we need two wins and i don't care if the performance is crap, ref biased or we are fortunate in victory. 4 points or nothing
Really good question. I’ll answer it with another question or series of questions. Is there a coach/manager out there with a clear vision/plan for Cork hurling for the next 3/4 years? Does he have a plan on how to integrate the young players into the team? Do we as a county have an outline of how we’d like to setup over the next 3/4 years? Unless there are answers to these questions then I’m not sure that changing the manager achieves much.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼