Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I omitted Barrett tbf was harsh of me alright R&B but was down to my formation.
It was Barrett or Twomey and Twomey I thought was hard done by in past along with Tommy O Connell.
A lot of our younger fellas seem to be hard done by in championship selections this year alright. Add in Eoin Downey not starting v Waterford, Brian Roche disappearing off the match day squad. It’s like Pat doesn’t trust them which is a crazy thought
Your formation there you could actually be onto something.
I do have my moments 🤣
I think we should should take a chance on Damo at midfield tbf, how many times over the year have we seen him at FB or on the wing and make one of his runs forward. It gives the crowd a big roar even from his haters and it has motivated the lads. He's unstoppable on his runs due to speed and size.
He has the fitness too.
Damien is a warrior, we don’t have too many of them, it might work, it might not, but it’s worth a gamble
There's still a chance to qualify but we must rely on other results too.... There's no harm in taking a risk either.
If it was in solely in our control I might say it's too big of a risk. I don't know, but again you could be onto something.
Win next Saturday and it is kind of back in our hands. It’s a big ask but we can do it

Lads how anyone can drop Shane Barrett is unbelievable. The guy is the glue in our foward line, does a load of unrecognised work which some of our more regular starters could take note of

PCollins
NOLeary EDowney SODonoghue
GMillerick CJoyce RDowney
ETwomey DCahalane
TOMahony DFitzgibbon DDalton
SBarrett AConnolly PHorgan

I haven’t dropped Harnedy, I am keeping him, Coleman and O Flynn as impact subs which we will badly need coming down the stretch

Midfield aside, where we had huge issues, this is very close to the team we picked for Limerick last year which is in my eyes the template we should be using.

We also need to fight fire with fire with their big men Hegarty, O Donoghue, Hayes and Byrne

I’d let Hoggie drift out again and keep Barrett inside for his speed and workrate. Himself and Connolly could worry them

I am very tempted to start Damo midfield on O’Donoghue too, you need someone who will man mark him and take him on physically it’s a toss up between him and Brian Roche for me and at this stage it’s a punt we may have to take
DC MF 😂😂😂😂

I AM VERY TEMPTED 😂😂😂😂

Delusional gimp

Tipperary to beat Waterford and give this platform a lift for a week. Who would have predicted that’s where we would be in early May? Is a draw of any use to us?

PC
SOD ED NOL
RD CJ GM
TOM BR/TOC
DD DF SH
SB AC PH

I'd start TOM specifically to mark WOD. I hated him but Cody was right " hammer the hammer" So many of limericks attacks start from WOD winning to ball in the centre back position and hand passing ball down the wings. Limerick are excellent as this. If TOM could reduce and better again win ball from WOD, its a quick pass to DF to cut through the middle. Oh the possibilities...

Its either BR or TOC starting midfield, empty the tank and be replaced by the other for the last 20 mins.

If P Power was fit, I'd use as a sub as he played well last year and makes the ball stick. I've no idea of his fitness. ROF is way off at present, Coleman as well.

When SH and DD tire, its S Twomey to come on and Kingston is also as option as goals will be required.

PC
SOD ED NOL
RD CJ GM
TOM BR/TOC
DD DF SH
SB AC PH

I'd start TOM specifically to mark WOD. I hated him but Cody was right " hammer the hammer" So many of limericks attacks start from WOD winning to ball in the centre back position and hand passing ball down the wings. Limerick are excellent as this. If TOM could reduce and better again win ball from WOD, its a quick pass to DF to cut through the middle. Oh the possibilities...
I started this morning with Tim midfield but then looked at who goes on Kyle Hayes and the thought of Deccie or Seamus on him filled me with dread. If they go Tim midfield it has to be Brian Roche at 10
Its either BR or TOC starting midfield, empty the tank and be replaced by the other for the last 20 mins.

If P Power was fit, I'd use as a sub as he played well last year and makes the ball stick. I've no idea of his fitness. ROF is way off at present, Coleman as well.

When SH and DD tire, its S Twomey to come on and Kingston is also as option as goals will be required.

Just a few thoughts on last Sunday. I could not fault any one of the players or management. The fact is had we availed of one of the missed goal chances, or defended particularly the Fitzgerald goal a little better the conversation on here would be totally different, we would be talking about a possible Munster Final not sackings.9
Of course they are "ifs' but not outrages ones. This Cork team and panel are very close and I think if everyone sticks together they will persevere.
I don't often mention referees because it is a thankless job and certainly not easy, but I am worried about the way we are being adjudicated, we have harped on here for years now about Cork being too soft, too easy to play against, too nice etc. The problem is when we do bring fight and aggression we seem to be pulled more than others, this year's statistics will show that we are the dirtiest team in the country,which of course we are not, there have been 2 red cards and 1 black card already, all 3 to Cork.
In addition I believe 13/14 yellows in 2 games, really? I don't think that other teams foul less than us, they just foul differently to us and are better at winning frees.

Last Sunday first half I was close to the matchup between O Mahoney and Duggen and their full blodded battle was a highlight of the game, both giving and taking without the slightest complaint until the superstar in the middle decided to get involved and give a yellow card to one of them, ( guess which one). People on here have said that O Mahoney faded in the second half, well of course he did , he was hamstrung by his yellow and looking over his shoulder at a trigger happy Mr Owens.
Even on the red card, firstly did O Donoghue deserve his first yellow, I think there was barely a free. On the second one which I've watched twenty times now all I can see is a shoulder to shoulder collision which was won by the stronger man. If he had just given a free in would anyone really complain.
I would also like to highlight that we lost the last 20 minutes 2.6 to 2.4 with 14 men.
Clare are considered as live contenders for AI. We must be doing something right.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Outsound,oghma, Even Angels, Shadows Calling

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼