Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I have always been against an outside manager and I still am but i do wonder are we too worried about upsetting each other down here. I also think we have been severely lacking in top class coaches down here. Imagine if we had Paul Kinnerk here for the last 7 years, we would be a different team
It was fine when we were winning all irelands every few years and were top of the roll of honour. But it will be 20
Years without an all Ireland next year and
not a great feeling to be essentially out of the championship in April. Desperate times call for desperate measure so let’s get the best coach in next year. For us we need someone who will get the most out of the lads and not be afraid to make tough decisions. We need Davy Fitz - if he can’t turn things around no one can.

I find these kind of posts strange, it’s like you’re revelling in Joyce struggling when we should all be hoping that all Cork players succeed

Joyce has the potential to be the best hurler we have produced in years.. why would anyone want anything other than that to materialise?

Same goes for Coleman.. there’s a determined cohort that seem to be enjoying him not finding his form yet
I think it's more a point that some players here get hauled over the coals and vilified to the high heavens and others can't be criticised. It's happening here for years, posters have their favourites and won't have a bad word said about them if they play poorly. I doubt any poster here revels in a Cork player playing badly.

Derek McGrath Waterford speak.
The results over the last 2 years speak for themselves. At the end of the day, we can move around the deck chairs all day long but we just aren’t good enough. That’s a very average Clare team. Although mistakes are made don’t blame the players or indeed PR in my book. I am extremely proud today of that performance from the lads yesterday. Have to respect them all after they dying in their boots yesterday. Some warriors, Especially Harnedy & Hoggie (a man I’m critical of for years) who were immense. A credit to themselves, their families, clubs and the Cork Jersey.
Our problems in Cork hurling are more fundamental than the lads yesterday.
Have you ever seen a good clare team ? 🫡

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼