Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Anyone who says that it wasn’t a second yellow for SOD needs their head checked. SOD also needs his head checked, as does Damo Cahalane. Getting red cards in championship for something in your control is just not acceptable.
2 red cards for the cleanest team in the country.

Damo didnt deserve a 2nd yellow or even a free for his tackle last week. Sean made a great block, breaks his hurley, goes to retrieve it which he is entitled to do. Shane o donell runs straight into him, he could have avoided Sean. Red card.

Damo didnt deserve a 2nd yellow or even a free for his tackle last week. Sean made a great block, breaks his hurley, goes to retrieve it which he is entitled to do. Shane o donell runs straight into him, he could have avoided Sean. Red card.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

What a load of absolute rubbish.

I have always been against an outside manager and I still am but i do wonder are we too worried about upsetting each other down here. I also think we have been severely lacking in top class coaches down here. Imagine if we had Paul Kinnerk here for the last 7 years, we would be a different team
Sometimes in work situation its a good idea to bring a new outside manager in.... gets people thinking slightly differently brings a new culture.... we probably need a bit of this in our sporting world...

Incidentally, I'd be almost certain from watching it several times that Sean O'Donoghue didn't realise the ball had been kept in play, saw Shane O'Donnell charging towards him and adjusted his body to receive a shoulder. Shane bounced off Sean because the guy is built like a tank. Yet you still have people calling for the Cork players to up the physicality!!

Think this may very well be the case

smartass. I was answering somebody elses statement .....
The GAA have created a competition that's just going to hand more AIs to KK and Galway. But that's another debate I guess.
Couldn’t resist.

Originally I agreed with your thinking. But the confidence boost of winning Munster or even coming second might just be more of a benefit in the long run. Teams will have been tested and take confidence from it. The other side I suppose is injuries which could hinder you.

No real way to level the playing field without abandoning the provincials linking to AI. Allowing an extra team from Munster through like some suggest would really negate the importance of the competition.

There is a toxic culture within Cork GAA. People end up walking away for one reason or another . People can blame the stadium but Cork has the facilities and expertise all over the county for it to become dominant . I was reading in the minor group that players in the extended panel had to make their own way to the minor game in Waterford last week. That might seem small to most but these things don’t happen in other counties. Small things like this have a knock on affect and players end up walking away . They prob put in a serious effort and then told make your own way to Waterford for the game . There is loads these incidents where young players are not picked for some reason or another. There is a lot of politics in all the clubs around the county. Again there is a knock on affect when you competing with diff sports where parents will take their kids elsewhere as they just look at GAA in cork as toxic.

Cork will Qualify in 3rd Spot. Waterford have shot their Bolt and Liam Cahill is overrated and has Tipp in awful order .Some here were frothing at the mouth as an "outside manager" with "De Expertise"wanted for Cork .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼