Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I tried finding the Buckley incident to double check but couldn’t so can only speak from memory. Buckley and Keane squared up to each other and Keane made a striking motion and Buckley went down and exaggerated the contact.

O Donnell made a beeline for O Donoghue to run full pelt into him and also exaggerated the contact, rolling around and holding his head.

I have no problem saying the Cork player made the most out of it to get the Clare player sent off. It’s a pity you can’t do the same through your yellow and blue tinted glasses with O Donnell.
Ah Jesus, I know we can all have rose tinted glasses towards our own but that’s not what happened at all. Sean saw O Donnell in the corner of his eye and Sean stepped across him

Where has Tim O Mahony played his best games for Cork? Full forward in 2022? Feel like the guy has been moved from pillar to post because of his size but even with that he was well beaten by Duggan yesterday. Just because he is a big man didnt stop Duggan and he is not a defender. Duggan is a beast of a man and well able to hurl. The management should of moved Downey over on him and try something different. Would even of put DC in at #5.
Easy to say that watching it on a screen but I don't think any of the changes they have made in the two games have worked. Robbie looks miles off it, Coleman is another where do you play him?
I'm at a loss the number of scores we concede, the stats that the management team look at must tell them the same. Is it personnel or system failings? I dont think we will make many changes from the team that played yesterday for Limerick. Potentially Mellerick in for O Mahony, Brian Roche would be in my team as well but the lad can't get a look in. Limerick will be salivating getting a run at this Cork defence in its current state.
Over two games we had 2 players sent off and a controversial black card, we are the "softest" team in the country but still managing to get players sent off. Experience men DC and SOD should be more street wise at this stage. I still think Eoin Roche is very unfortunate to not get playing time, he was one of the only few who played well in the league yet left out in the cold is head scratching, we need players who want to defend.

Where has Tim O Mahony played his best games for Cork? Full forward in 2022? Feel like the guy has been moved from pillar to post because of his size but even with that he was well beaten by Duggan yesterday. Just because he is a big man didnt stop Duggan and he is not a defender. Duggan is a beast of a man and well able to hurl. The management should of moved Downey over on him and try something different. Would even of put DC in at #5.
Easy to say that watching it on a screen but I don't think any of the changes they have made in the two games have worked. Robbie looks miles off it, Coleman is another where do you play him?
I'm at a loss the number of scores we concede, the stats that the management team look at must tell them the same. Is it personnel or system failings? I dont think we will make many changes from the team that played yesterday for Limerick. Potentially Mellerick in for O Mahony, Brian Roche would be in my team as well but the lad can't get a look in. Limerick will be salivating getting a run at this Cork defence in its current state.
Over two games we had 2 players sent off and a controversial black card, we are the "softest" team in the country but still managing to get players sent off. Experience men DC and SOD should be more street wise at this stage. I still think Eoin Roche is very unfortunate to not get playing time, he was one of the only few who played well in the league yet left out in the cold is head scratching, we need players who want to defend.
I honestly don't know where Tim's best position is at this stage, it's been all over the place for years and we can't seem to find anywhere sticking.

I did like him at full forward but I think that ship has sailed

Ah don’t you know by now Seán Twomey is not a Cork hurler, not in the eyes of the tippy tappy brigade anyway. It’s more Sean Twomey’s we need, not less.

That’s my fear if we change manager, and the obvious candidate takes over, we will go back to tippy tappy handball hurling with small fast lovely hurlers. It will set us back 10 years again
i really think we need to think seriously about an outside manager...preferably from KK.

Everyone should look again at the 2nd Clare goal. I couldn’t understand at the time how Diarmuid Ryan ran such a long distance unopposed. Watch how many Cork players started in line or ahead of Ryan and didn’t even bother their holes getting back. Our number 5 started well ahead of him on the far side and could have ran across to try and cut him off but he didn’t bother and stood watching with his hands on his hips. Other went back at jogging pace, more walked. Sure where are you going with fellas like that that couldn’t be fucking bothered.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Strangeways Club Night*

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼