Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Read the second part of the post, that's what the rule is actually there for.
I’m aware why the rule was brought in.
I’m fully aware of the rule itself and its wording which includes that play is not stopped to treat an injured player on the field anymore, but only in exceptional circumstances when a player is seriously injured on the field and requires treatment on the field and help to get off the field.
I’d like clarity on what that is in practical terms. It’s open to interpretation. To me it reads like play is only stopped to treat a really badly injured player and assist him off the field, the type of injury where walking unassisted isnt possible.

Donal, Meyler et al all usually in the terrace. Very good view of the game from there.
And they aren’t trapped. They can move away if they are getting grief.
I heard a good one today about yesterday.
At full time whistle yesterday a Clare supporter turned to a Cork supporter and says “so what concerts have ye on here for the summer?”
Funny in fairness.

I’m aware why the rule was brought in.
I’m fully aware of the rule itself and its wording which includes that play is not stopped to treat an injured player on the field anymore, but only in exceptional circumstances when a player is seriously injured on the field and requires treatment on the field and help to get off the field.
I’d like clarity on what that is in practical terms. It’s open to interpretation. To me it reads like play is only stopped to treat a really badly injured player and assist him off the field, the type of injury where walking unassisted isnt possible.
Which was the case yesterday, two men helped Tim off the field at the closest endline.

And people need to also shut up about how Pa Collins pucked the ball out with Tim on the ground.

If he had refused to puck it out, Owen’s would’ve ran in took the ball off him and thrown it in on the 21 for a 50/50, whilst Tim would still be on the ground.

The only person to blame for that cock up is James Owen’s
That may be so but can you imagine how that would look with a potentially seriously injured player lying flat on the pitch.

I don't think anybody knew the extent of the" injury " then.

Should the ref insisted on play continuing when Peter Casey was injured ? I don't think referees can take risks with players health.
I don't think that players pretending to be injured is a major problem in GAA.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Old No.7

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼