My updated championship team would be as follows:
PC
ED DC SOD
RD CJ GM
MC TOC TOM
ST DF DD
AC ROF
Reason for changes:
Patrick Collins for Brion Saunderson. Pa has just about done enough to justify inclusion, But I feel he could still be a liability on the ball and that we could later on regret not persisting with Brion.

5. Eoin Downey switch with 2. Ger Millerick. I wrong about this, Eoin is better at marking closer to the goal and Ger is better further out.
^

How was it a sending off, Mark Rogers was tackled earlier by Niall O'Leary well outside the penalty area and he broke free so 2 players did not tackle Rogers together. If O'Donoghue's tackle is even a foul shouldn't it be a Clare penalty and not a free as it is in the square. Also there was not a 2nd yellow shown by Owens, he just shows red? Owens was a disgrace and I never saw Pat Ryan so animated on the line, Pat stated after the game on RTE Radio 1 that the ref was a disgrace, about time you spoke up Pat.

That's not the incident
Collins is running off with the ball
O donnell goes to run after him and donoghue takes him out. 100% a yellow leading to a red

Thought it was an outstanding performance in patches today. Still have the makings of a serious team when they get motoring.

Clare got the rub of the green with what we missed. It happens. We'd still almost certainly have won with 15 men.

There's no reason why we can't beat the AI champions in a fortnight. Produce another display like today, and get a bit more luck, and we absolutely could.

On the downside, you have to wonder why we still haven't a settled 15. You have to ask why a player in the FB line is left on the field with a yellow for the second week in a row. Some of the puckouts were shocking too, but it's the first time I saw Collins that bad.

It's easy to be despondent tonight. We're all pissed off. But, ask yourself if there was an improvement on last week? In my book, a huge improvement. Clare aren't some second rate Lori Meagher outfit. They're AI contenders and we came damn close to beating them with 14 men. This team is one big win away from igniting. It's fucked up that we may have to wait another year. We need to keep the heads down and keep winning U20s. Keep producing players and keep young players in other counties used to losing to Cork. If we were in Leinster we'd be looking towards an AI Q-final from the start of the year and we could build a team much more quickly. The GAA have created a competition that's just going to hand more AIs to KK and Galway. But that's another debate I guess.
It is something that needs to be debated urgently, the system is completely wrong, unbalanced and not fit for purpose. 3rd place in Leinster (Antrim, Wexford or Dublin) has no business in the AI series when you consider the 2 teams in Munster that dont qualify, and thats not even mentioning the laughable concept of 2 McDonagh teams being entered in to the AI series, the whole thing needs an overhaul

That's not the incident
Collins is running off with the ball
O donnell goes to run after him and donoghue takes him out. 100% a yellow leading to a red
Is it really though? Yes Donoghue gave a little step in front of him (and you could say it was stupid) but O'Donnell made an absolute meal out of it.

If you had a player cam on 2 players today, Cleary and O'Donoghue, showed it to a random person and told him one of these players got sent off today..who is it? They would go for Cleary every time

I like Cleary, but there is only so long he will get away with raping every forward that comes near him. Anthony Daly keeps saying "Conor Cleary..always gets a yellow, never a red"

I think those days are numbered

You have overlooked Limerick's underage success in winning 3 Munsters and 2 U-20 AI's
Limerick in turn brought their talent through to senior level
I haven’t overlooked at all at all.
Maybe you don’t understand that in limerick (just like it used to be in Cork) the top minor talent was brought straight into the senior panel.
The back bone of those 2 U21 winning teams were already senior hurlers before they dropped down to 21s.
So that talent wasn’t in turn brought through to senior as you suggest

Coll
That’s after the event…
Take a step back for a minute and a deep breath.. put down the Cork jersey now for a sec.
What serious injury did you see Timmy get on the field of play?
You are so strong in your view that play should have been stopped please just tell us what that serious injury that you saw is?

I hate this crap of people not knowing the rules and bashing referees
Collins took the puck out with Tim on the ground. Play on to fuck. If your keeper doesn’t want to draw the refs attention then
That's the difference between a good team and a very good team (AI contenders), unfortunately.
absolutely, stop complaining and start winning.
Convert your chances you win the game, simple.
Not far off it but not getting it done.

Ah the keeper had a very bad day. Nobody goes out to play badly and he works very hard but he was a major weak point for Cork today. Pat Ryan was giving out about the ref for the 1-1 conceded when Tim Mahony was down but you’d have to wonder what was going through Patrick’s head pucking the ball out and then blaming the ref for not stopping him.

But look, Saunderson had chances during the national league and didn’t exactly seize the jersey off him either. Bad day. The only bright spot was how bad Tipp were. If they could somehow sneak a win against Limerick you wouldn’t exactly be quaking in your boots heading to Thurles to play this Tipp side, that said they’d have every right to say the same about us.
Once again because people don't seem to be getting it.
If Waterford beat Tipp we are out because if two teams tie on points it goes on the result between the two. They beat Tipp then they have a minimum of 4 points which is the maximum we can get(unlikely but technically possible). We meed Tipp and Limerick and Clare to beat Waterford and then hope Clare beat Tipp and then beat Tipp in the last game so that three teams are equal on two points so it goes down to points difference. Even if we beat Limerick we still need Tipp to beat Waterford.

Once again because people don't seem to be getting it.
If Waterford beat Tipp we are out because if two teams tie on points it goes on the result between the two. They beat Tipp then they have a minimum of 4 points which is the maximum we can get(unlikely but technically possible). We meed Tipp and Limerick and Clare to beat Waterford and then hope Clare beat Tipp and then beat Tipp in the last game so that three teams are equal on two points so it goes down to points difference. Even if we beat Limerick we still need Tipp to beat Waterford.
You are 99.9% correct but there is one highly unlikely scenario where if Waterford beat Tipp that we get through.
Both ourselves & Waterford beat both Limerick & Tipp. Ourselves & Limerick are then on 4 points & we go through on head to head. Like I said, highly unlikely.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

24th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼