Cork Hurlers - Part 2

How was it a sending off, Mark Rogers was tackled earlier by Niall O'Leary well outside the penalty area and he broke free so 2 players did not tackle Rogers together. If O'Donoghue's tackle is even a foul shouldn't it be a Clare penalty and not a free as it is in the square. Also there was not a 2nd yellow shown by Owens, he just shows red? Owens was a disgrace and I never saw Pat Ryan so animated on the line, Pat stated after the game on RTE Radio 1 that the ref was a disgrace, about time you spoke up Pat.

Eoin Downey was brilliant today. Looking forward to seeing plenty more of Hayes and Connolly. Collins and SOD were shocking. Hopefully Saunderson can make the no. 1 his own

That was gutting today, even a draw would have given us hope for next couple rounds. Cork could still through but might need some results like draws in other games, overall it's unlikely.

One thing on today, it was another loss but completely different to the loss last week. I thought Cork played a great game and I'd be happy with the effort.
One issue I felt was there wasn't a kick from the subs. Robbie Flynn and Coleman didn't get on ball as you'd like them to.

If have left Dalton on longer , he was on yellow and obviously tiring but thought he'd another 5-10 mins in him.
Ethan Twomey can be pleased I felt, good game for debut

Sean O'Donoghue will get criticism and negative headlines but I hope most genuine Cork supporters will go handy, he played a super game on O'Donnell. As good as anyone has done in recent weeks. Got caught in a spur of the moment thing, a pity because we're looking for Cork to get aggressive but it was wrong place at wrong time. His loss was felt, things opened up at back after he was gone

On puck outs it's hard to know again is it goalkeeper or is the issue the players that are receiving

Overall whats annoying is that for past 2 seasons Cork are being beaten but it's always by a small margin which is a killer, not like the pasting Tipp got but end result is all the one I suppose

O Donoghoue was cleaned out today lads.Not sure about Downey as a full back either , faded as the game wore on , better suited in the corner . Connolly again getting fuck all ball , living off scraps. Donoghue should be dropped for next day. Wrong call bringing on Coleman , why wasnt Tommy O Connell coming on midfield there. In fairness they brought the fight today and showed there is fight there. Just not good enough on the day

The Cork county Tippy tappy whistling club hurling championship isn’t a help.
The lack of investment since the 80s in the city and in schools hurling
Rebel Og a complete joke really etc etc etc

Well done to the players that did their very best today. As a supporter you could see and feel that everyone in the red jersey gave it their all. Just Not to be today.

I'd also put the players down the list of people to blame.

Amongst other things, the management has been very poor and don't know there best 15 players not to mind where to play them.

And Spoofer Donovan will just do another interview with Marty, a few big words and we'll all be brainwashed again.

We’ve an awful lot of good stuff. But only to the extent that we can compete at this level. When you add it all up, it just isn’t enough to win.

There’s no other conclusion you can arrive at when you score 3-24 in a Munster championship game down the pairc and lose.

Does changing the manager change that? I don’t know.

Fair summation R&B. Maybe (maybe) we could get a point v Limerick. Granted that looks extremely unlikely but you’d never know. Tipp look absolutely woeful; though limerick do that to teams I suppose.
I’d take that point against Limerick right now but a Waterford win against Tipp and we’ll be gone unless we beat Limerick

Tipp did look woeful today but I wouldn’t bet against them beating Waterford next week either though

I disagree . I think Owens did cost us. He gave really soft frees to them, fooled tome and again by yhe throwing hands in the air . Meanwhile their defenders holding and blocking at the other end with no free ! Last week a black card and a penalty against us for a foul inside the 21 but no award today for two similar fouls Worst of all was his refusal to allow play be stopped for the injury to Tim O'Mahony, and we conceded 1.01 in that time I'm proud of our team today but Owens robbed us

Not stopping the game when O'Mahony was down was a complete joke.

Cork playing with 13 for those two scores.

O Donoghoue was cleaned out today lads.Not sure about Downey as a full back either , faded as the game wore on , better suited in the corner . Connolly again getting fuck all ball , living off scraps. Donoghue should be dropped for next day. Wrong call bringing on Coleman , why wasnt Tommy O Connell coming on midfield there. In fairness they brought the fight today and showed there is fight there. Just not good enough on the day
He wasn't in any way cleaned out.
A silly mistake which lead to second yellow. What reason would you drop him for? he's probably been the best Cork back so far over the 2 games and you'd face into Limerick without him?

I thought O'Donoghue was cleaned out! I'd have given him the hook well before he got himself sent off! He made some bizarre plays. Ger Millerick not good enough to come on??

TOM struggled all game!

Meade comes on and gets outpaced - TOC not good enough to come on?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼