Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Robbie o flynn just could not win a puck out . It’s a fright to god we can’t have someone like duggan where you can throw a ball down on top of and know he’s going to win it . Sean twomey is the same size and yet he isnt capable
Please don’t single ROF out. It’s a feature of Cork hurling that we can’t win our own ball in the middle of the field. Harnedy the only ball winner we have in nearly 20 years.. Imagine that!!

I'd need to watch the match back to comment on it in any detail, but to me it looked like Clare were that bit slicker and more cohesive, which is hardly a surprise seeing as they are a settled, battle-hardened ou. They also had outstanding individual performances from SOD and Rodgers, and stepped up a gear v impressively after Cork went seven in front.

A lot of people are rightly pointing to Ryan's poor record, including losing the last four championship matches. One of the most frustrating things is that while Cork were deservedly beaten in all four, all were lost by a single score (total losing margin of seven points). Three of those matches were against opponents I would rate as better than Cork, the exception being Waterford. That suggests to me that a lot is being got right, but that the current set-up is consistently falling just short. And looking at those matches, some of the same issues occur again and again. Whether they can be fixed by different management or by different players, and whether that better management team or those better players are available - that's much harder to say.

I thought the defence was good up until the sending off. SOD imo definitely deserves his place for the next day. Losing the puck outs was a killer. The half forwards worked well when they won the puck outs, they lost momentum when the puck outs went astray. Our impact subs didn't make any impact.

Brining on Meade before Tommy O’Connell sums up the problem on the line, the burning he got for the Fitzgerald got was horrific, rarely seen that at this level and I do t think Meade got on a single ball when he was on, at least O’Connell would have got into the rucks and fought like a dog and he would have given chase far better on Fitzgerald, it’s these type of mistakes from the line every single game are killers never mind having a keeper who can’t find his man, Coleman unable to get past and win the ball in the corner when reidy had no Hurley was fucking abysmal, that simply would not have happened the other way round

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼