Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Exactly, you couldn't say the Cork team of the last 10 years have underachieved, its not a generational team, Hoggy being the only generational player at a push, they just were not good enough, saying they were fragile is lazy argument, look at the players 1-15 and compare with the other teams who went on to win All Irelands
Harnedy for me is as good as many Cork hurlers with AIs won since 1990 onwards. He has been some warrior in my opinion.
Sure it’s all grand walking around taking frees with the modern sliotar.

It is a long time now since they have had a bye to the semi finals(which for the most part didnt really help them).
i think Canning would be first to admit that his Galway teams should have won one or two more All Irelands.
Cork have lost a few really close championship games recently, Last year was a real sickener and then to follow up with what happened in Waterford.
Canning can p right off the flake..
Some stupid head on him to go criticizing the integrity of Cork hurling, after Galway’s total and utter shit show for the last 30/40 years.
For a lot of that they’d to only win 2 matches (one of those v Antrim every 2nd year) to be All Ireland champs and they failed at that.
Galway had buckets of young talent (even more than the great KK side) but they won SFA really. Bottlers

The amount of fellas that give out about Cork here all the time and call them flakey etc but Canning does it and a few lads are losing the heads. The truth hurts. We all know at this stage that we are seen as a soft touch in other counties. That’s the reality. As Canning says the only way to change that is to fuckin win big games.
It is quite funny reading lads losing their shit over Canning's comments :lol!:

Hoggy has been a great player but he’s not in the same class as Reid - despite their scoring rate being similar.

Workrate and ball winning ability he’s behind other top forwards.

Hoggy has exceptional skills and accuracy and made a career out of firing points over the shoulder from all angles. In the last 20 years Id have TJ, Joe Canning, Seamus Callanan and Aaron Gillane ahead of him.

The amount of fellas that give out about Cork here all the time and call them flakey etc but Canning does it and a few lads are losing the heads. The truth hurts. We all know at this stage that we are seen as a soft touch in other counties. That’s the reality. As Canning says the only way to change that is to fuckin win big games.
Its because it came from a Galway man, which makes it hilarious, it's beyond pot calling the kettle black, its the spiderman meme

Hoggie is genertional in the sense that it may be a negative thing . "We won nothing in the Hoggie generation". Which is very sad because he has been a fantastic player for us . But there was a time when he was the last underage talent we had. My Father always spoke of Jimmy Brohan as something similar . Generational but won nothing due to the players around him. That was 54-66 . I know Jimmy passed away recently but it gives a perspective...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

John Smith

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼