Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree totally with TOT and i am too a big fan of ROF , JOC for me in the corner but roaming around. IF the footballer plays it has to be in the corner with hoggie loosing out..
I’m on board with JOC starting … rarely hits a wide, and roaming around he would be a handful, whilst running at defenses. However, historically he as well as Kingston has been most effective coming on! However, I suspect Ryan won’t make many changes and will go down with the ship!

Could see Coleman going mf with toc
Don’t think Tommy will get dropped because of his work rate
The 2 downeys wing backs or GM wing ED in the corner
Please God Dalton is back but can’t see him or ROF starting just back from injury
JOC or BH should be thrown in or both

I get that we can't start with the same three old-timers in the forwards as they lack pace but neither should we start with Kingston imho. We've seen that show far too often. Kingston on from the start and he's ineffective, Kingston introduced in the second half and he has a great game.

Would only give Hoggie a half, tell him to chase each and every single thing and leave it all on the pitch as he's only playing a half, and hopefully Dalton is back and he'd be taking ALL placed balls beyond the 50, no exceptions.

I'd start TOM and Coleman in midfield and bring Downey in at wingback.
I wouldn’t give Hoggy a half! We have plenty of options…. Let’s hope they don’t wait until 72nd minute to introduce JOC.On another note, what was the point of management instruction to Connolly to take a point from free in 73rd minute? A goal would have tied the game, and a lob into square was the obvious ploy.

The raging hot favorites Galway destroyed us in the first half but were winning by just 5 points at half time and that lead should have been 10+ at least. We were beaten all over the field. Only Galway’s awful shooting that day kept the scoreline down. Remember scorelines back then were lower than what they are now so 5 points was still a big lead.
Incredibly Cork scored 3 opportunist goals in the 2nd half at crucial times and some were against the run of play which were sucker blows that rocked Galway and were the deciding factor in the game.
Corks victory was a very unexpected win before the game and even more so at half time.
I think soundly you have a different view of what robbery in sport means. It’s not anything criminal, unfair or cheating. It happens all the time in sport. Cork astonishingly still in the game went out in the 2nd half and nailed Galway with a few killer blows to win the Liam McCarthy. That’s all.
We were never out of that game. I was at both the Munster and All Ireland finals in 1990 and I was convinced before the Munster final we would beat Tipp and I was just as convinced at half time in the all ireland final we would beat Galway

I'm one of ROF biggest fans but i saw nothing on Sunday to indicate that he is remotely ready to start against Clare, unfortunately
I don't think I would start ROF on Sunday however I read people saying that he isn't fit... he clearly is.
He is not match fit as he missed the league and will have played bits of games since the league finished, even last Sunday will help a lot in getting him closer to starting, unfortunately we have no real margin for error now.

I wouldn’t give Hoggy a half! We have plenty of options…. Let’s hope they don’t wait until 72nd minute to introduce JOC.On another note, what was the point of management instruction to Connolly to take a point from free in 73rd minute? A goal would have tied the game, and a lob into square was the obvious ploy.

As I said previously here I was puzzled by that myself. Someone suggested he'd spoken to the linesman before taking the shot over the bar so maybe he'd been told there was time yet. 🤷‍♂️

We were never out of that game. I was at both the Munster and All Ireland finals in 1990 and I was convinced before the Munster final we would beat Tipp and I was just as convinced at half time in the all ireland final we would beat Galway

Wasn't as convinced as you in advance about the Tipp game tbh, but thought we had a chance. But certainly thought we were still well in it at halftime in CP.

And so it came to pass :cool:

I will be giving a rendition of "It's a long way from Clare to Here" Sunday outside the Venue Bar to lull our competitors into a false sense of Security.
Yes Brothers the Good Ship CORK HURLING FAMINE WARRIOR is taking water and on Sunday we could be Sunk
But, Hurleys will be broken and Shields will be splintered , a Glorious Day , with me now, now with me.
That would be an apt song considering that the Banner have been reluctant to make the long trip to Cork in the recent past. Longboats or the Venue… blast it out!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼