bike shops

i_didnt_do_nawtin said:
I got it in the UK (Wimbledon) for under £700.
I agree about avoiding full suspension bikes, the cheap ones would be fairly shite.

I'll have to have a look for a bike the next time I'm over there. Better range, better prices and more inclined to let you actually ride a bike to try it rather than just sit on it.

The guy that owns the new place in northpoint has a place in Limerick too. He was very insistant that I actually ride the bike. Some places here would nearly charge you for the privilege...

You take her out of the shed, lash a bit of oil on her, ride her til yer tired, then chain her to a the railings outside the library so the dirty feckers queueing for hillbillys can have their way with her?

Sorry, got a bit carried away there...

I bought my trek 6000 MTB of kilgrews in 08 and have gone back on two or three occasions for bits and bobs and found them to be the completely unhelpful, sold me a bicycle which turned out to not be the correct frame size for my height so i reckon they "saw me coming" and wanted to make a sale of a bicycle in store regardless of correct frame sizing. Had the experience recently of trying to get a back wheelset replacement and the clowns couldn't even get one even from Trek themselves. There like a typical motor dealership, grand selling you a product but when it comes to aftersales there completely unhelpful , particularly the gray haired clown...Grumpy as fuck. They must be selling enough bicycles through the governments cycle to work scheme to not give a shit about customer service. I wont be frequenting there again. Ended up going to the edge sports shop and they couldn't be more helpful and had a wheel replacement straight away for me..happy days!

I bought my trek 6000 MTB of kilgrews in 08 and have gone back on two or three occasions for bits and bobs and found them to be the completely unhelpful, sold me a bicycle which turned out to not be the correct frame size for my height so i reckon they "saw me coming" and wanted to make a sale of a bicycle in store regardless of correct frame sizing.

Did you not try it for size?

I bought my trek 6000 MTB of kilgrews in 08 and have gone back on two or three occasions for bits and bobs and found them to be the completely unhelpful, sold me a bicycle which turned out to not be the correct frame size for my height so i reckon they "saw me coming" and wanted to make a sale of a bicycle in store regardless of correct frame sizing. Had the experience recently of trying to get a back wheelset replacement and the clowns couldn't even get one even from Trek themselves. There like a typical motor dealership, grand selling you a product but when it comes to aftersales there completely unhelpful , particularly the gray haired clown...Grumpy as fuck. They must be selling enough bicycles through the governments cycle to work scheme to not give a shit about customer service. I wont be frequenting there again. Ended up going to the edge sports shop and they couldn't be more helpful and had a wheel replacement straight away for me..happy days!

I have always sourced the parts on chainreaction.com up North, go to the bike mechanic and get them to fit them. Saves all the mark up on parts which is substantial and chainreaction is a great service

Did you not try it for size?

I did, thought it was fine cos i wasn't really aware of the importance of correct frame sizing at the time. It was a much smaller frame size than what should be for my height..:neutral:

I have always sourced the parts on chainreaction.com up North, go to the bike mechanic and get them to fit them. Saves all the mark up on parts which is substantial and chainreaction is a great service

Yeah chain reaction is the job..You have the right way of going about it! 8)

This baby for sale is anyone is interested.

BtlsE9Z.jpg

sixer of Pabst?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼